Where do you shoot?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Where do you shoot?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 03:01 AM   #1
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Default Where do you shoot?

Where do you do most of your shooting at?

Here in Texas we have no public land to shoot on so it's either private ranches, public ranges or private ranges. We just lost our private shooting ranch access this week so now we are scrambling to find another one. The nearest public range is almost an hour away.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Private range. It's a nice facility but I'd rather spend the $200/year dues on ammo.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Where do we shoot?

Hello all

RON L here = SERESURPLUS

I'm in WV, we have some land that a friend of ours has, it's limited, but we can shoot there whenever we like! I'm not a big fan of indoor anythings, But we do have a few good indoor ranges that are reasonable cost here as well!

Old 05-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

My family has a 160 acre farm about 35min from my home. I go there to shoot rifles in the warm season. I use an indoor range for pistols once the temp starts to get below 40. I dont get to shoot my rifles much in the winter, since the only indoor range near me thats less than an hour away is only 50 yards. They allow centerfire rifles up to .308, but shooting a rifle at 50 yards is pointless IMO. I go to the local sportsmens club in the fall during the "meat shoots", and informal trap meets.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

I usually shoot in the open desert, but it's not so open anymore. I used to have a great place with easy access, then the BLM closed it to shooting and sold it off to a developer. There's supposedly another place north of me, but you need a fwd or pickup with clearance to get to it and I have neither. Once Clark county gets the nation's largest shooting range open, I 'll have a place. Until then I have to use an indoor range as all the outdoor ranges are membership places and I don't feel like paying that much for it and waiting two months to get approved.

9x18=Makarov

Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We only have 1 public shooting range in Mobile, and it is an indoor range. It's very nice, but the nearest public outdoor range is west of Mobile off of I-10 about 20 miles away.

I don't know how much they charge, but the indoor range is only $10 and they don't put a clock on you. If it's not busy, they don't care how long you are there, but if it's Saturday, they encourage you to spend no more than an hour. They will provide you with ear protection and shooting glasses, but the targets they sell you are $1.50 each but they let you bring your own if you want.

I have a friend of mine who has about 30 acres of land that you can hunt and you can shoot a shotgun there, but there's not really a place for rifle targeting. Too flat!!

Old 05-28-2007, 07:27 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I shoot at one range which is 30 minutes away from time to time because they have a 200yd rifle range but mostly it is at a range about 10 minutes away only goes up to 100 yards but it is $4 for the whole day for members. It is much more fun on you own land where you can shoot reactive targets, melons, old appliances and what not.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:25 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The family farm during the Winter and the local range during Summer.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:46 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was never big on range shooting,to formal and people with guns that old Joe don't know.The best is a gravel bank that the Boss lets us shoot at,or one that's been shutdown.The side of a Mountain is good but sometimes range is limited.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #10

My office uses a military range about an hour from my house. Typically i just go to local private ones that charge a minimal fee.

_./