Where Is All the Oil Money Going?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Where Is All the Oil Money Going?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Where Is All the Oil Money Going?

"Inquiring minds might just be wondering where all the oil money is going. Let's take a look at the answer with a set of really amazing pictures."

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2008/02/where-is-all-oil-money-going.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #2

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

They have a valuable product, and they are selling it at what the market will bear. I'm failing to see how, "This is all Bush's fault"???? Gas is still cheap. I don't see anymore people walking or riding the bus than I did 10 years ago. Bill T.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Gas is cheap by what measure? So, you won't think there's a problem until everyone is walking or riding the bus?

Old 02-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

The Federal government makes more in taxes, which both "big oil" and the consumer pay, per gallon of fuel (diesel, gas, kerosene) than "big oil" makes in profits, yet assumes none of the risks, pays none of the overhead and does none of the legwork to create the product. So any animosity you have toward "big oil" should be directed with more gusto against the government.

If you want to reduce consumer cost, build more refineries and drill for more crude here in North America. Right now, we are at the mercy of other countries for our fuel.

(Side note: for the first time in history, we will be importing wheat to feed people because our genius government has promised subsidies to farmers who plant corn (rather than wheat) to make ethanol.

Suggestion: GET THE GODDAMN GOVERNMENT OUT OF OUR FRIGGIN' LIVES BEFORE WE'RE COMPLETELY SCREWED (AND BROKE AND HUNGRY)!

Thank you for your time.)

Last edited by bkt; 02-13-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #5

If any other corporation had a RONA (Return on net assets) as low as "big oil" does, they'd fire the entire board of directors. Check it out sometime. The profit margin of the oil companies is less than 10%. I believe that is not only 1/3 what Microsoft earns, but less than AVON!

Oil companies do not dictate price, the market does. Politicians like to point fingers at the "BILLIONS IN PROFITS" the "EVIL BIG OIL COMPANIES" make. People with common sense know that when you sell more, profits go up. Economics 101.