Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > When they come for our guns...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Guns??? what guns sir???? all i have here is this old pellet rifle sir but you can have that

Old 02-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #62

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not sure if this video has already been posted, first time I've seen it:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=380_1174889100
It documents some of the firearms confiscations in New Orleans, pretty disturbing stuff.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #63
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
I'm not sure if this video has already been posted, first time I've seen it:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=380_1174889100

It documents some of the firearms confiscations in New Orleans, pretty disturbing stuff.
That vid has been around a while. It's extremely disturbing.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #64

No I too thought it would never happen, I believed reason about gun control would prevail, I believed that there was not the finance or will to buy back and ban all pistols and some rifles............but they did, and they will try...just a matter of time

Old 02-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #65
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by photog View Post
"When they come for our guns" - I'm not sure who "they" are.

I hear all kinds of claims about gun confiscation, but I for one don't believe it will ever happen. There are some very left wing types who advocate gun confiscation. But, among the rank and file Democrats, I don't think there is a real movement to confiscation our guns.

There are many paranoid liberal types who see every gun owner as a potential killer. Just like there are many paranoid gun owners who think "they will come for our guns".

We have a landmark 2nd amendment case before the most conservative Supreme Court we have had in many years. I think it is very possible the Court will reaffirm the right to keep and bear arms.

In the mean time I don't loose any sleep about "when they come for our guns".
Well, it has happened on a large scale in other countries. And it has happened on a small scale in this country. Some state legislatures are packed with people who want to confiscate all firearms. There are many in Congress, who, if they thought they could get away with it, would ban firearm ownership for civilians and confiscate all firearms currently owned by civilians.

Our government has been stepping on rights and ignoring the Constitution for a long time. More recently, they have been more aggressive along those lines. Nothing government at any level might try to get away with would surprise me anymore.

Never say never.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #66

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have to agree with photog. On my list of worries, gun confiscation is not really very high at this point. But as we saw with Katrina, I think there is some potential for it happening in urban areas during times of civil unrest. Which, ironically, is the time I think I'd need a gun most.

BTW, before you completely blame the "liberals" for the forced disarmaments in New Orleans, they wouldn't have been the ones that called in Blackwater. They would have been operating under the direction of the Feds via FEMA i.e. our current administration.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

California, of all places, just passed a law that makes it illegal for the government to confiscate firearms. The state's government felt that the people of the state should be armed when an emergency arises and martial law is declared. The author of the bill looked at Katrina as well as the Watts riots and Rodney King Riots all as reasons that a well armed populace is their own best protection.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photog View Post
Contrary to popular belief, there really are a lot of good people in CA. Also a lot of legal gun owners.

During the Rodney King riots I had numerous liberal anti-gun friends who called me and asked if they could borrow a gun and some ammo. Most of those people are not as anti-gun as they used to be. Some of them now own guns.

Yes, we do have Dianne Feinstein and others who give us a bad rap. But most folks who live here are just like folks around the rest of the country.
I'm from up north. Boxer and Feinstein are the worst thing to happen to the state since the hippies all decided to come here. The author of the bill, Doug LaMalfa is the Assemblyman for the area that I'm from.