When they come for our guns... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > When they come for our guns...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Never mind, moviezombie. Some googling answered my question.

While this does not come as a surprise, it does present us with a problem some may not have considered.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
That's the first I've heard of Blackwater in NO during the confiscation. Can you point me to some more info on that?
I'd like to learn more on that too. I googled Blackwater & New Orleans, and got a bunch of sites, mostly lefty blogs which appeared to be working off of the same talking points memo. Some mention was made of confiscations by Blackwater, but nothing that could be verified.

That Blackwater was there, there can be no doubt. When law enforcement broke down, those who could afford it flew them in to protect them and their property. Nothing wrong with that. The blogs mentioned that some were under contract to the Louisana state and local governments, but again, no verification. If they were under government contract, that establishes an agency relationship under which the rules of engagement are different than if they were simply acting as private citizens. A fine line, but lawyers just love that kind of stuff.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 10-25-2007, 02:00 AM   #13

I wound refuse the order and let them take my rank and pay. They aren't taking my guns, unless I'm dead. I doubt any one in my company would follow that order. We all own weapons.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:30 AM   #14

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

In this day in age it would be hard to disarm us all at once due to the shear logistics of it all. Plus with the flow of information now days you can be assured that the nifty mole the NRA has at the Pentagon would have an email out so fast it would make your head spin.

Look at how fast the news of Jim Zumbo foot in mouth episode spread over the web. it went faster than a wild fire in California in the summer.

LT: Sir for some reason no one on our list has any firearms at all.
COL: Did you search every part of the house and ground?
LT: Yes Sir every inch. No one has any guns it is like they are all gone.
SPC: Quietly LOLing under breath. (Thinking Dumb asses all them degrees and they can not figure out that the word is out and they are not going to find any guns)
COL: Well keep working on it LT.
LT: (Puffs out chest and stands as stright as a flag poll) YES SIR RIGHT AWAY SIR.

In the mean time every gun message board has a message on it in code telling everyone to hide them now or lose them for ever.

I think it could be done faster then they (The GOVT) could roll out troops or police.

That does not mean they will not try it. I believe it would be the bloodiest day and the darkest day in the history of the world. I also feel that there would be rogue Military units that would be on our side and weapons out the back door as they were bringing them in the front door. I personaly know I would have never ever followed that order and I would have shot the messanger on the spot for treason.

Roughly 10 million gun owners and roughly 105 million guns (Not counting the illegal ones) in the USA. The Military may have tanks but we are all armed and 10 million armed people are a force to br recond with. Think about it roughly every gun owner has 10.5 guns. Many of us are alike we like to keep bunches of ammo on hand JUST IN CASE.

Cell phones, the internet, home phones, CB radios, short wave radio ect.... We have many different way of communicating now. There is no way teh US government coud shut down the INTERNET and as long as there is a satalite or a phone of some kind some one will know how to get on the internet. all it takes is for 20 or 30 people to take over a news station and bam it is all over the place that the government is after our guns.

the government has a lot of work power but not enough to shut down all lines of communications at the same time. Plus Email travles at the speed of light and a 5 ton cargo truck in teh military only goes about 65 tops down hill with a tail wind. Am I worried sure the demo never understand how to fight a fight.

A wise man once said "Explain to me how the antis, who want to take my firearms, and who do not own firearms themselves, believe they will be able to take mine! Picture it...people with no guns...gonna take the guns away from gun-owners."
DOC2005 (www.thehighroad.org)

Old 10-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post

That does not mean they will not try it. I believe it would be the bloodiest day and the darkest day in the history of the world. I also feel that there would be rogue Military units that would be on our side and weapons out the back door as they were bringing them in the front door. I personaly know I would have never ever followed that order and I would have shot the messanger on the spot for treason.
And where do you live sir? I think I'll be fortifying a position with you any day if it came down to it,like I said,If I had to go down,I'll go down defending my rights...my Freedom,after all,isn't that what America is all about?

Vintovka Mosina 1891/30 with Monte Carlo Stock, Muzzle brake, bi-pod, custom bent bolt, tri-rail with x12 variable power AIM sports scope, range finder reticle green or red illumination, 2.5 IB match trigger.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #16

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts: Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

"[W]hen the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually.. . . I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers." -- George Mason, of Virginia: Virginia's U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788

Member GCO

Old 10-25-2007, 11:35 PM   #17

Default Confiscation

get real people there are more than 80,000 lawmen in the gov.and they get good pay.none are going to give up the gravy train.congress has violated the constitution for yrs.1934 remember.1968 and 1986 and brady bill.
2]they wont come to clean a town they will see who has the most guns remember most are registered.then they will go to individual homes with 100,200 thugs to take you down.its been done only you dont hear about it.
after that series they will go to next group.remember it was not only the new orleans police but imports from california[did they swear in the out of state police?]

Old 10-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCATT View Post
get real people there are more than 80,000 lawmen in the gov.and they get good pay.none are going to give up the gravy train.congress has violated the constitution for yrs.1934 remember.1968 and 1986 and brady bill.
2]they wont come to clean a town they will see who has the most guns remember most are registered.then they will go to individual homes with 100,200 thugs to take you down.its been done only you dont hear about it.
after that series they will go to next group.remember it was not only the new orleans police but imports from california[did they swear in the out of state police?]
We heard about it. They just didn't tell us the real reason. Remember Waco and Ruby Ridge?

Member GCO

Old 10-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCATT View Post
yep, it won't be one on one when they come for your guns. and re the internet/media: who do you think owns the satellites that make it all possible? its down to five owners for radio/tv....and the internet providers as well as phone company are already cooperating illegally with this administration re providing records. dream on if you think the internet and/or communications are going to save us by allowing us to continue to communicate with one another.

movie zombie

Old 10-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #20

Even so,it would be the bloodiest day in American history since the civil war..thats probubly what it would turn out being like,a small scale civil war. People would group up and stand against the 100-200 thugs comming after them,it would seldem be 1 person shooting from a bedroom window..it would be 20 or 30 people shooting from a defendable position of sorts. maybe even more depending apon the area.
It would be very hard for any type of "Government force" to dis-arm America completely. Maybe our Idiotic congressmen and senators should take this fact into consideration that,there will be people retaliating,and in suprising numbers,with the same lethal force that the government will be using.
As I said before,if it comes down to it,I'll be with my friends and family shooting at anyone even attempting to come on the property that wears a government uniform.

Vintovka Mosina 1891/30 with Monte Carlo Stock, Muzzle brake, bi-pod, custom bent bolt, tri-rail with x12 variable power AIM sports scope, range finder reticle green or red illumination, 2.5 IB match trigger.