Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > when is it ok to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Hey beast, what everyone said about avoiding the fight in the first place is true. I made it through HS without ever getting in an actual fight because I just walked away when I had too. There is nothing cowardly about doing that either. Anyone can get in a fight, but it takes a man to walk away instead. That said, if someone lays a hand on you, you have a right to defend yourself.

Also, clear your PMs. I tried sending one to you, but your box is full.
You made it through unscathed! You sir are a ghost.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #62

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Hey, so how should I handle someone who just feels the need to be a dick? I mean I explained why Id rather not fight
You have to make some report of this to the teachers or office, getting in writing that something is about to happen. You have to pick your battles and your back up, be prepared for plan A and B.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #63

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 170

True, I'll just ignore him. My dad raised me the same way, he always tought me to NEVER fight over words, but never let anyone put their hands on you either. Whenever I carry even a knife I am extremely careful and cautious about fighting because if the police show up those are extra charges and I could go to jail. Even if someone pushed me or punched me once then I still wouldn't hit them if I had a knife however if they did keep hitting me then I would put them in a hold until they calm down but if I feel my life is seriously in danger I would defend myself.

Tekgreg- I like reading lol as long as what I am reading interests me I can read for hours.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #64
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1126 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post

Tekgreg- I like reading lol as long as what I am reading interests me I can read for hours.
Wow, that's great! Believe it or not, reading on a regular basis can give you a broader field of experience from which to draw when trying to solve problems. In the long run, you'll be much better for it.

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read."
Mark Twain
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mark_twain.html#KC9qG1qmLhfFpxyt.99

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 09-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #65

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 170

lol I like that saying