when is it ok to fight? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > when is it ok to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
I don't know, WWJD?
Hell, WWSD?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 AM   #42
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Remember what The Good Book says and WWJD.
Says a guy with two chimpanzees screwing as his avatar.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #43
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8598

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
I dont go looking for fights and my school is huge but I dont think ill be picked on , I just wanted to know for future reference. You guys are saying only do enough damage to stop the threat, does this mean if someone tries robbing you to shoot them once or do you make sure there dead and fire a few more? Im going to avoid fights at all costs BUT if someone gets violent then I would fight.
Wait a minute........shooting someone and a fist fight are two very different things.

Quote:
Remember WWJD?
Yes, I do. I work with a hispanic man named Jesus (Hayzues) and I very often ask him what he would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
Hell, WWSD?
NOooo.............you don't want to know WWSD. Are you crazy for even asking that question?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #44

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Remember what The Good Book says and WWJD.
I think JD would use some forearm defense then grapple and wrap up and take the fight to the ground. From there he would work to gain side control allowing him to smother the opponent with his forearm. Then he would attain full mount and thus begin delivering hammer blows of righteousness and justice

I would do as JD would

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 08-15-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #45

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Every one has their own thoughts and opinion.

I would treat a fist fight the same as a knife fight the same as a sword fight the same as a gun fight...

Situational awareness. Avoid the threat. If threat cannot be avoided, attempt to placate.

As soon as it becomes obvious that violence cannot be avoided: ATTACK UNTIL THE THREAT IS NEUTRALIZED.

I don't give a damn what anyone says, when it comes down to you or me, better you than me. There will be consequences, sure. Just like a gun fight, better to be judged by twelve than carried by six. And yes, I said that, because a fist fight can be deadly too.

Beast, I'm sure no one needs to tell you, never take violence lightly. And the old adage "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me" is true. Not an excuse to not stand up for yourself against verbal bullying though.

Oh, and there's no such thing as fighting dirty. There's only fighting to win. So feel free to kick 'em in the cod sack.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #46

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

I'll start off by saying that I made some mistakes in my high schools days. But let me say things were a lot different back then than they are today. Things that would have just got me sent home, or a long lecture from police would get you sent to jail today. I have drilled that into my own kids over and over. You have received some good advise and maybe a little bad so for.

Avoid a fight if at all possible, like axxe said it makes you the bigger man. And even if some don't see it that way today, they will years latter when they think back on it. Never fight over words and if you can talk and deescalate the situation do so. If their is not reasoning then leave. Someone pushing you doesn't necessarily it's time to fight ether. You are not in danger just from a little shove. If you can walk away do it. Now anytime you do walk away don't do it by turning your back, never take you eye off a potential threat.

Never ever ever make arrangements to take it off grounds at another time. That happened here a few years ago. A 'young man was being bullied, his father drove him to a cemetery to meet the boys to fight. One of the boys tackled the father breaking his leg then the father had to watch as the other boy banged his sons head against a car bumper. The boy died right there in that cemetery. all involved payed the price and I'm sure they are still paying in one way or another for the rest of their lives.

All that being said there is always a time to fight, so be prepared when and if that day comes. No one here can tell you exactly when that time is. You sound like an intelligent young man, you will know when it's right.

If you are being bullied make sure to report it, it never hurts to have made sure that the right people know you are having trouble and you are trying to avoid it.

Bullies are not men they are cowards, walking away from a fight is not a coward it's a sign of a real man

Old 08-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #47

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Beast, I just recently graduated high school 2 years ago....through 12 grades I was only ever in 2 fights and they were completely justifiable.

Yes, the school resource officer was called. I explained the situation, he let me know that while what I did was wrong, it was ok in the situation and I only ever got detention for a school week for "fighting on school grounds"

EDIT: just make sure to mind yourself, try not to step on the toes of those you know will fight...I'm overweight...people picked on me. But it's not like it meant anything from them. They were drug addicts and failing out and will never be anything.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #48
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i will add this, because times are so much different now than when i was in school. if you're being bullied, tell the teachers, tell the principal, tell your parents. then if you are forced to defend yourself, it works to your advantage, because they will have failed to do their jobs and you were put into a position you should never have had to be placed in.

you are going to school to learn, not to have to fight. the teachers and principals jobs are to provide a place for you to learn without any violence. that is their job. if they are not providing this, make sure that you let your parents know. a call from them to the principal, the superintindent and the school board will move mountains! but always remember that fighting is a last resort and to be done only to defend yourself from physical harm.

no one can tell you when that time comes, but you will know, and i think you will do the right thing if it does come. another bit of advice, learn to laugh and to be able to laugh at yourself, because hardly anyone ever beats up the class clown! laughter can be used very effectively to defuse a bad situation sometimes.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #49

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
i will add this, because times are so much different now than when i was in school. if you're being bullied, tell the teachers, tell the principal, tell your parents. then if you are forced to defend yourself, it works to your advantage, because they will have failed to do their jobs and you were put into a position you should never have had to be placed in.

you are going to school to learn, not to have to fight. the teachers and principals jobs are to provide a place for you to learn without any violence. that is their job. if they are not providing this, make sure that you let your parents know. a call from them to the principal, the superintindent and the school board will move mountains! but always remember that fighting is a last resort and to be done only to defend yourself from physical harm.

no one can tell you when that time comes, but you will know, and i think you will do the right thing if it does come. another bit of advice, learn to laugh and to be able to laugh at yourself, because hardly anyone ever beats up the class clown! laughter can be used very effectively to defuse a bad situation sometimes.
A+ I agree

Old 08-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #50

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

It's okay if you can prove that beyond a reasonable doubt you acted in self defense. They can't convict you without an appearance before a chancellor judge. An arrest isn't as bad without a conviction, in terms of future gun ownership. Plus you're a minor.

-Matt