when is it ok to fight? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

when is it ok to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Remember what The Good Book says and WWJD.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #32

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I dont go looking for fights and my school is huge but I dont think ill be picked on , I just wanted to know for future reference. You guys are saying only do enough damage to stop the threat, does this mean if someone tries robbing you to shoot them once or do you make sure there dead and fire a few more? Im going to avoid fights at all costs BUT if someone gets violent then I would fight.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:56 AM   #33
hmh

Liked 189 Times on 128 Posts

I was always trained you shoot until they are on the ground and they no longer pose a threat. You shoot to stop not to kill.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #34

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Remember what The Good Book says and WWJD.
Remember what the Bible says about not forgiving people...It's against it...
imagescaau1f4h.jpg  
Old 08-15-2012, 02:19 AM   #35

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmh
I was always trained you shoot until they are on the ground and they no longer pose a threat. You shoot to stop not to kill.
Ditto. Anything more would and can be called too much force won't look good in your favor.

This wasn't been touched on If there is any problems with some bullies there might be a LEO liaison within the school someone you can talk too. Good chance that bully/a$$clown is picking on more than one person so he might already be on the schools radar.

Always wright down dates and times if your getting picked on and where and let your parents know. That way you have some ammo against the school if they don't handle things on their level and get to your level.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #36

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

NEVER back down from a fight. Even if it means takin a butt kickin... Here's the thing bud. I'm 37 years old. I haven't been in a fight in 10 years because I haven't had to (I proved early on that I stood for my beliefs). BUT, not only do you not let anyone bully you, you have to take up for the kids that are being bullied (through no fault of their own)... Don't ever start a fight unless it's to defend a family, friends, or a woman (and be very careful how far you go for a friend) believe me on this one, you meet your true friends in the real world (a true friend is your friend when it cost him something to be your friend)... Fighting sucks period. Even if you like it, it's a bad thing. It's true that there are no winners in a fight. But, it's a necessity of life and the difference in being a leader or a follower. Only fight for a purpose brother. And always help those who TRULEY need and deserve your help. The worst thing you can do is stand by while the strong abuse the weak (and just because you get your ass kicked in no way means your week).
WAKE UP EACH DAY WANTING TO AVOID A FIGHT BUT, each day you wake, be ready to fight for your beliefs! I can't say enough, it's proves you stronger to fight for something than to fight to prove something! Hope this helps little bro.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #37

Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
Ok so all of you know im 14 and going into high school. Im wondering what you guys think, when is it ok to fight? I have gotten into fights in the past(I did not start them but I sure as hell ended em ) I don't like people to touch me or bully me and my dad has always told me never let anyone put there hands on you and beat the crap out of anyone who bullies you. My friends dad is a cop and he told me beat the crap out of someone until they stop moving if they bully you. That being said I have always stood up for myself but at my high school if you fight they have the police arrest you and bring you to the station. It dosent really intimidate me but I don't want that stuff on my record, Im thinking ill avoid getting into fight that start with a verbal argument but if someone pushes me/puts there hands on me then id fight. What do you guys think?
My parents had 1 rule, never swing first. I am a black belt and was in high school and I wrestled so I knew how to do all that stuff. If you might get injured, do t risk it, just back away.i got suspended twice in high school for fights and I'm still alive.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:32 AM   #38
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Remember WWJD?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:04 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Last fight I was presented with lasted for 2 miles. The guy couldn't catch me and gave up the chase. Just kidding.

I graduated nearly 30 years ago so things were different then, but the one fight I was in was with a couple of twins who were known bullies. One would approach you from the front and provoke a fight, then push you backwards towards his brother behind you who would trip you. It happened to me one day outside of Wood Shop. I fell down and gave an uppercut to the groin from the ground to one of them. They never bothered me again. I say if you are cornered then there is no such thing as a fair fight. Kick 'em in the balls if that's what you got. As soon as they are dropped then stop.

The only way that a school fight should be considered a felony is if you use recognized weapons and/or if there is any gang affiliation. This does not necessarily include using a pencil to stab them in the neck. Improvise, adapt and overcome, but as soon as the threat is stopped then you stop. Just because they haul you to the police station doesn't mean you will be charged with a crime.

Then again I was recently denied a job with the Census in 2010 because I had an arrest on my record dating back to 1984, and I was not convicted. So an arrest can haunt you many years after.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 AM   #40

Liked 702 Times on 491 Posts
Likes Given: 1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Remember WWJD?
I don't know, WWJD?