when is it ok to fight? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > when is it ok to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

All I will say is never throw the first punch. Just defend yourself. Don't become a victim.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
Ok so all of you know im 14 and going into high school. Im wondering what you guys think, when is it ok to fight? I have gotten into fights in the past(I did not start them but I sure as hell ended em ) I don't like people to touch me or bully me and my dad has always told me never let anyone put there hands on you and beat the crap out of anyone who bullies you. My friends dad is a cop and he told me beat the crap out of someone until they stop moving if they bully you. That being said I have always stood up for myself but at my high school if you fight they have the police arrest you and bring you to the station. It dosent really intimidate me but I don't want that stuff on my record, Im thinking ill avoid getting into fight that start with a verbal argument but if someone pushes me/puts there hands on me then id fight. What do you guys think?
Don't get into a fight unless your back is against the wall. I got into a couple fights when I was in school and I didn't start them and did not agree to them but I had no choice. The only time you should swing is if your hit first, then you can finish it. Ignore bullies. Words are only words and don't take that stuff seriously.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #23
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5960 Times on 2949 Posts
Likes Given: 6343

Nobody should ever tell you not to defend yourself on the other hand, its best not to need to defend yourself. All schools are different, I cant begin to guess if fights are common or not where your from but no matter where you live, you can limit your exposure by focusing on getting a great education and dont hang out with fist magnets. Also, its almost always a better idea to listen than it is to talk in questionable circumstances.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

i fought all through high school nothing to show for it cause i wont ever see any of those ef sticks again, people are gonna call you names and ef with you, its life and it dont end after high school, they are a waste of time. do your thing get your education and call it good. remember the words "WASTE OF TIME"

Old 08-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #25
hmh

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

Avoid if you can and unless you know that no matter what you say or do you are going to fight hit first hit hard and don't stop until they are no longer a threat. But always defend yourself and your beliefs. Remember, words before fist.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #26

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Find the biggest baddest sr and take him down in front of everyone and make it a point everyone knows he's your bitch... just messing but that would be awesome to see... on a serious note I wouldn't want to get punched first screw that he might k.o you on that one hit.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #27

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

just turn all your homework in and yerr good to go-

Old 08-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #28
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Some of this has already been expressed, report bullies, walk away when you can, don't go looking for a fight just to prove your tough and if you do get in a fight it is to defend yourself physically (not because someone called you a name), the fight is over as soon as the other guy is no longer the agressor. If you keep putting the woop ass on him after that your going to have issues. Most bullies are looking for easy targets, eye contact, confidance and a smile will get you far.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

All I can say about it is this, if you do get into a fight, you better make sure that you have witnesses there that will back you up. That he threw the first punch and you were defending yourself. Otherwise you could land yourself in some serious Trouble with a capitol T. If the guy your beating down is surrounded by his friends and either him or his family want to push something and you have no one to back you up, you could be looking at some serious trouble with the police. I know because I've been through that whole scene with my stepson just about one too many times. Whether he was in the right or not, it didn't turn out well for him, cost a lot of money and generally wasn't worth it for anyone involved. These situations can affect a lot more people than just you in the long run. Do yourself and your family a favor and avoid the conflict if at all possible. But I agree, you do have the right to defend yourself if there's no other way out of it.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21323 Times on 12098 Posts
Likes Given: 53124

personally it's never okay to fight, but that's in a perfect world where we all live in harmony with each other. now here in the real world, walking away if you can doesn't make you a coward but the better person. sometimes and there will be times when you will not be allowed to walk away and will require you to defend yourself, and you only do as much as needed to protect yourself. fighting someone is similar to carrying a pistol for self defence, it's not the first option, but the last resort.

like i said, walking away or talking you way out of a fight, does make you the better person. and there will be those who think or will call you a coward or chicken, don't ever let their warped sense of values reflect on you or give it any credit. remember to always do the right thing for the right reasons, and people who matter will always have respect for you.