when is it ok to fight? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > when is it ok to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

As for fighting avoid at all costs!! Words never hurts anyone.
Yes, I've gotten in some fights in HS but they didn't have the zero tolerance as they have now days. I've gotten out of a lot of fights by putting the a$$clowns in some submission holds and talking some sense into the person on what his options are and results of his said unfavorable behavior.
If you do happen to get in a fight as you had said and your dad's friend the cop, don't, do not beat the crap out of the person. Just do enough to stop the threat. Any more you can get your own a$$ in hot water.
As for verbal altercations google " Verbal Judo" the guy that does the speech can help you out on how to turn the a$$ clowns words around to maker them look stupid.
My two cents worth at no charge.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Little story, as a smart-alec seventh grader, i mistakenly managed to piss off a LARGE senior football player (nice guy, my fault totally) on the bus one afternoon. Well, lacking the verbal skill to explain that i had not intended to offend his forefathers' honor or taste in women, he punched me, full-tilt in the face. For some odd reason still not entirely known to me, my reaction was to laugh histerically and point at the guy; this gave the impression that 1) i could take a solid punch 2) that i was probably not entirely balanced and 3) that i had no hard feelings against the guy. We had no further problems. Sometimes throwing a punch isn't the only way to "win" a fight.

Now had duder swung again, it wouldn't have much mattered, as i would probably have been out cold.

I got in remarkably few fights at school, considering my temper and smart-alec nature. The main tactic i employed was making sure that the other person wanted to fight badly enough to throw the first punch (a punch, not a lil wussy shove or a tossed book or taunt, an actual punch). Also, "beating somebody to sleep" will get you in more trouble and not make them look nearly as wussy as just putting them on the ground gasping for air or boohooing.

Going to the police station won't kill you.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 08-14-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #13

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I am also in highschool and if you are going to fight and you will, do it off campus. If you fight off campus you stand a better chance of not getting in trouble. That being said do not swing until swung at. If he shoves you, dont shove back. If he punches or kicks you, dont punch back or kick back. If he continues to punch and kick at you then and ONLY THEN fight him.

P.s. i have been in fights at school, me and the other guy hated each other for years. So we eventually got into a fight after school so "technically" the school couldnt touch us. He had 20lbs on me and i kicked his ass. He is now one of my best friends. Bad fights dont have to mean bad blood.

Last edited by ineverFTF; 08-14-2012 at 09:32 PM.
tri70 Likes This 
Old 08-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #14

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

My dad told me a story that when he was younger a kid smacked him in the head my dad said stop he smacked him again and my dad said stop one more time the kid smacked him and my dad turned around punched the kid (knocked him out of his chair) and got on top of him and kept punching him. Needless to say the kid never touched him again. When I say i dont like being touched I dont like people pushing me or getting physical in an argument. Last year I was new to my school and a kid kept shoving me whenever he saw me and I warned him 3 times not to touch me , he did it again and I went up to him next period and beat the crap out of him and he never touched me again. I never get into fights when I have any type of weapon/tool on me because if i did i would get extra charges. The only time id use a weapon is when I feel my life is in danger. Is it ok for me to punch someone if they shove me? and I fall? or should I walk away?

Old 08-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Is it ok for me to punch someone if they shove me? and I fall? or should I walk away?
Personally, i think that is the time for some bait like "was that a punch or are you practicing for a career rounding up shopping carts at walmart?" or some pointing and laughing.

I too second the off-campus recommendation.

Walk with some confidence, don't avoid eye contact, try to control the freshman flinch, speak clearly and firmly, and you will look less like a victim/prey.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #16

Liked 3736 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

if you are being bullied the first thing to do is report it immediately - tell your teacher, tell your principal, tell your guidance councinlor. 2nd, make sure you tell your parents.

after that ... defend yourself at all times

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj
if you are being bullied the first thing to do is report it immediately - tell your teacher, tell your principal, tell your guidance councinlor. 2nd, make sure you tell your parents.

after that ... defend yourself at all times
Best thing is to have the parents call the Principal. The parents always get more done than we can unfortunately....

Old 08-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #18

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

If you can walk away from any confrontations. If your on the ground be careful. Like ineveFTF said try and take it off grounds.

What's the population of students in your HS? Is there lots of fights going on?

Old 08-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #19

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
My dad told me a story that when he was younger a kid smacked him in the head my dad said stop he smacked him again and my dad said stop one more time the kid smacked him and my dad turned around punched the kid (knocked him out of his chair) and got on top of him and kept punching him. Needless to say the kid never touched him again. When I say i dont like being touched I dont like people pushing me or getting physical in an argument. Last year I was new to my school and a kid kept shoving me whenever he saw me and I warned him 3 times not to touch me , he did it again and I went up to him next period and beat the crap out of him and he never touched me again. I never get into fights when I have any type of weapon/tool on me because if i did i would get extra charges. The only time id use a weapon is when I feel my life is in danger. Is it ok for me to punch someone if they shove me? and I fall? or should I walk away?
Personally i wouldnt have let it get past 3 times. But you kept your cool and warned him. You handled this very well imo.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #20

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

The decision to fight is best made just before your opponent swings. In the case of bullies, your dealing with a coward who's trying to boost his standing amongst peers. He thinks he's found a soft target who will take it to avoid pain or punishment.

My 40 years has taught me that these guys will fold after 1 shot. It will be his word against yours as to whether or not he was going to swing but bullies always like a crowd so you'll have plenty of witnesses as to who the aggressor was.

I would caution you about hitting or kicking someones who's down and no longer a threat. This will turn assault into assault and battery which is a much more serious charge.

Always look to avoid trouble but be prepared to knock it on it's tail.

Tack