when is it ok to fight?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > when is it ok to fight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default when is it ok to fight?

Ok so all of you know im 14 and going into high school. Im wondering what you guys think, when is it ok to fight? I have gotten into fights in the past(I did not start them but I sure as hell ended em ) I don't like people to touch me or bully me and my dad has always told me never let anyone put there hands on you and beat the crap out of anyone who bullies you. My friends dad is a cop and he told me beat the crap out of someone until they stop moving if they bully you. That being said I have always stood up for myself but at my high school if you fight they have the police arrest you and bring you to the station. It dosent really intimidate me but I don't want that stuff on my record, Im thinking ill avoid getting into fight that start with a verbal argument but if someone pushes me/puts there hands on me then id fight. What do you guys think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Avoid confrontation at all cost. Don't swing back unless you have injuries that are easily documented. You have the right to defend your life not your ego. Get in a fight and kiss your chances of owning guns goodbye.

I don't need No stinking signature.

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 08-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #3

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

defend yourself at all times

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 08-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 476 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 146

You don't like people touching you. Do you have a phobia about people touching you. I wouldn't take any advice form your friends dad he sounds like a kn*b nice attitude for a cop. Avoid fighting unless you have no other choice.

Last edited by manta; 08-14-2012 at 08:12 PM.
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 08-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I have never believed in starting fights but i have damn sure never let someone pick on me or push me around. I cant stand bullies or someone that is trying to show off by acting tough, never be afraid to stand your ground and defend yourself.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

People Like This 
Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #6

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Ok so all of you know im 14 and going into high school. Im wondering what you guys think, when is it ok to fight? I have gotten into fights in the past(I did not start them but I sure as hell ended em ) I don't like people to touch me or bully me and my dad has always told me never let anyone put there hands on you and beat the crap out of anyone who bullies you. My friends dad is a cop and he told me beat the crap out of someone until they stop moving if they bully you. That being said I have always stood up for myself but at my high school if you fight they have the police arrest you and bring you to the station. It dosent really intimidate me but I don't want that stuff on my record, Im thinking ill avoid getting into fight that start with a verbal argument but if someone pushes me/puts there hands on me then id fight. What do you guys think?
That's pretty much the long and short of it...avoid confrontation whenever possible, that characteristic will be VERY valuable to you should you decide to carry a gun in the future. I'ts NEVER ok for anyone else to put their hands on you and vice versa. Don't let pride cloud your judgement, never be ashamed to walk away from someone who is just being a general azzhat but should verbal blows turn into physical blows...light 'em up...strike fast, strike hard.

I HIGHLY reccommend you read 'The Principles of Personal Defense' by Jeff Cooper. It is technically a defensive handgunning tutorial but the basic ideas can easily transfer over to confrontations not involving guns.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 08-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

There's no reason to fight until you get punched. Then you have to defend yourself. So far you have a decent grasp on it.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Old 08-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
defend yourself at all times
Ditto! Win or lose ... No One will ever try you again.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #9

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts

Dont let anybody put their hands on you! and don't go looking for a fight.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9216 Times on 3975 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

If WORDS were grounds for fighting, there are a half dozen folks here that I would have kicked their ass already.

Seriously insults are one thing. Defending yourself from a physical assault is another. Yes, schools today are zero tolerance- any fights, everybody goes. You should not be the first one swinging. Back in the day, the principal would have hauled us bodily to the gym, Coach would have put gloves on us, and it would get settled.

Those days are gone, they are NOT coming back. YOUR job is to graduate from school- and you are not going to do that if suspended or expelled.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

USEBOTHHANDS Likes This