Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   when is it ok to fight? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/when-ok-fight-70311/)

beastmode986 08-14-2012 05:31 PM

when is it ok to fight?

Ok so all of you know im 14 and going into high school. Im wondering what you guys think, when is it ok to fight? I have gotten into fights in the past(I did not start them but I sure as hell ended em :D) I don't like people to touch me or bully me and my dad has always told me never let anyone put there hands on you and beat the crap out of anyone who bullies you. My friends dad is a cop and he told me beat the crap out of someone until they stop moving if they bully you. That being said I have always stood up for myself but at my high school if you fight they have the police arrest you and bring you to the station. It dosent really intimidate me but I don't want that stuff on my record, Im thinking ill avoid getting into fight that start with a verbal argument but if someone pushes me/puts there hands on me then id fight. What do you guys think?

mountainman13 08-14-2012 05:34 PM

Avoid confrontation at all cost. Don't swing back unless you have injuries that are easily documented. You have the right to defend your life not your ego. Get in a fight and kiss your chances of owning guns goodbye.

dog2000tj 08-14-2012 05:41 PM

defend yourself at all times :cool:

manta 08-14-2012 05:43 PM

You don't like people touching you. Do you have a phobia about people touching you. I wouldn't take any advice form your friends dad he sounds like a kn*b nice attitude for a cop. Avoid fighting unless you have no other choice.

MrWray 08-14-2012 05:50 PM

I have never believed in starting fights but i have damn sure never let someone pick on me or push me around. I cant stand bullies or someone that is trying to show off by acting tough, never be afraid to stand your ground and defend yourself.

vincent 08-14-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastmode986 (Post 903644)
Ok so all of you know im 14 and going into high school. Im wondering what you guys think, when is it ok to fight? I have gotten into fights in the past(I did not start them but I sure as hell ended em :D) I don't like people to touch me or bully me and my dad has always told me never let anyone put there hands on you and beat the crap out of anyone who bullies you. My friends dad is a cop and he told me beat the crap out of someone until they stop moving if they bully you. That being said I have always stood up for myself but at my high school if you fight they have the police arrest you and bring you to the station. It dosent really intimidate me but I don't want that stuff on my record, Im thinking ill avoid getting into fight that start with a verbal argument but if someone pushes me/puts there hands on me then id fight. What do you guys think?

That's pretty much the long and short of it...avoid confrontation whenever possible, that characteristic will be VERY valuable to you should you decide to carry a gun in the future. I'ts NEVER ok for anyone else to put their hands on you and vice versa. Don't let pride cloud your judgement, never be ashamed to walk away from someone who is just being a general azzhat but should verbal blows turn into physical blows...light 'em up...strike fast, strike hard.

I HIGHLY reccommend you read 'The Principles of Personal Defense' by Jeff Cooper. It is technically a defensive handgunning tutorial but the basic ideas can easily transfer over to confrontations not involving guns.

Cattledog 08-14-2012 05:55 PM

There's no reason to fight until you get punched. Then you have to defend yourself. So far you have a decent grasp on it.

PanBaccha 08-14-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 903658)
defend yourself at all times :cool:

Ditto! Win or lose ... No One will ever try you again.

clem_ 08-14-2012 06:43 PM

Dont let anybody put their hands on you! and don't go looking for a fight.

c3shooter 08-14-2012 07:07 PM

If WORDS were grounds for fighting, there are a half dozen folks here that I would have kicked their ass already. :D

Seriously insults are one thing. Defending yourself from a physical assault is another. Yes, schools today are zero tolerance- any fights, everybody goes. You should not be the first one swinging. Back in the day, the principal would have hauled us bodily to the gym, Coach would have put gloves on us, and it would get settled.

Those days are gone, they are NOT coming back. YOUR job is to graduate from school- and you are not going to do that if suspended or expelled.