Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > When keeping it real goes wrong

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

The older gangsters dressed better anyway.

Anybody see the movie "Lawless" ?
They dressed for their times, so do they now. It's a culture difference. The Micks felt need to dress to impress and pretend they had class thru their wardrobe, the current dress to intimidate and care less about impressing. It serves a purpose and achieves its goal. However I agree, I liked the old suits.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6544 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
I don't see any difference between the current version of gangster and the past. All pathetic losers that should be eradicated.
Well, whats see. The old ones were truely organized crime. The new ones are a bunch of uneducated morons that are doped up on drugs.

The old ones had a certain amount of class (the carried themselves in a certain way, dressed nice, and generally tried to be inteligent). The new ones let their pants hang down to their knees, speak in some foreign language that I can only assume to be stupidese, and generally act like idiots.

The old gangsters generally hit what they aimed at. The new gangsters hit everything, and everyone that they were not aiming at because they are too stupid to realize that it's hard to aim a gun when it's held sideways.

The old gangsters more the most part tried not to get the public in their crosshairs, and generally looked down on killing innocent people. The new gangsters don't give a damn, and it's common for innocent people to be killed by them.

The old gangesters only saw green. The new gangsters see black, white, brown, yellow, and red, and shoot accordingly.

The old gangsters kept their mouths shut about who there were, and what they did. The new gangesters shoot their mouths off about it constantly, and rap about it.

I am not saying that either type of gangster is good. I'm just saying the the old gangsters are better than the new ones.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #13

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Those here who think the 'old' gangsters are better, seriously need a history lesson.

There's a reason the public demanded an FBI...

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #14

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

The old gangsters built cities, ergo Las vegas. The new ones ruin every where they are.

Lastly, the old ones hung out with Sinatra, these new gangstas hang out with Barrack Obama.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #15

But... Blame Hollywood. Same as pirates. Now it's all whitewashed and dumbed down, and presented as nostalgic.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

Lastly, the old ones hung out with Sinatra, these new gangstas hang out with Barrack Obama.
You win!!!! :-D

Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

Well, whats see. The old ones were truely organized crime. The new ones are a bunch of uneducated morons that are doped up on drugs.

The old ones had a certain amount of class (the carried themselves in a certain way, dressed nice, and generally tried to be inteligent). The new ones let their pants hang down to their knees, speak in some foreign language that I can only assume to be stupidese, and generally act like idiots.

The old gangsters generally hit what they aimed at. The new gangsters hit everything, and everyone that they were not aiming at because they are too stupid to realize that it's hard to aim a gun when it's held sideways.

The old gangsters more the most part tried not to get the public in their crosshairs, and generally looked down on killing innocent people. The new gangsters don't give a damn, and it's common for innocent people to be killed by them.

The old gangesters only saw green. The new gangsters see black, white, brown, yellow, and red, and shoot accordingly.

The old gangsters kept their mouths shut about who there were, and what they did. The new gangesters shoot their mouths off about it constantly, and rap about it.

I am not saying that either type of gangster is good. I'm just saying the the old gangsters are better than the new ones.
You must speak of a gangster I never heard of. The movies sensationalize and glorify, don't be a Hollywood victim.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #18

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:

Was this formed by personal experience with each type? Or developed by research?

Trash is trash. Doesn't matter what decade it was.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6544 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
You must speak of a gangster I never heard of. The movies sensationalize and glorify, don't be a Hollywood victim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Was this formed by personal experience with each type? Or developed by research?

Trash is trash. Doesn't matter what decade it was.
As I said before, I am not trying to defend them, only say that the old ones are better than the new ones. And IIRC, a lot of the gangsters of the 30s were cheered on by the public. You know, they were stealing from the rich during a time when most were poor.
I also never said they did anything I listed perfectly. Did civilians get caught in the crossfire? Yes they did.
And no, I'm not getting my facts from Hollywood. A lot of them are from documentaries. Not the Hollywood kind either.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:01 AM   #20

Quote:

As I said before, I am not trying to defend them, only say that the old ones are better than the new ones. And IIRC, a lot of the gangsters of the 30s were cheered on by the public. You know, they were stealing from the rich during a time when most were poor.
I also never said they did anything I listed perfectly. Did civilians get caught in the crossfire? Yes they did.
And no, I'm not getting my facts from Hollywood. A lot of them are from documentaries. Not the Hollywood kind either.
Lol... I won't differentiate between them. Nice clothes or no, they both killed to get what they want, kind of like governments.lol