Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > whats your whacky hobby?

View Poll Results: whats your whacky hobby? what do you collect to obsession?
cats 1 3.03%
dogs 1 3.03%
toy cars 1 3.03%
dolls 0 0%
autographs 2 6.06%
books/mags 4 12.12%
lawn mowers 2 6.06%
cars/trucks 5 15.15%
other weird stuff 21 63.64%
t-shirts 1 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #61
JAD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I like things that fly.

http://youtu.be/MMv5iM9xeRY

Old 02-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
I think its great that the poll is mostly "other." I'm also relieved to know that we don't have any cat hoarders.
You have a problem with cat hoarders eh? No, i only have the two; though i did live with a chick for a while who had four or five in addition to my pair of kitties. Her dad had more than a few; they split his duplex.

I can't talk about any other collectables, as the statute of limitations may not yet have run out.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #63

Liked 1678 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 1128

I love working on cars. There is no such thing as too fast. Budget is the only limiting factor. My son is 14. He will be getting his learners permit in about a year. We are planning on building a car. We will do something with a complete mod. But I am thinking an older model. I would love to get my hands on an old Vega. Something pre 1975. No catalitic converter. I believe we could build a small block to replace the 4 banger. Get rid of the TH350 to go with a 4 or 5 speed. I am thinking we could build a real sleeper that would lay down rubber and still get 20+ miles to the gallon.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #64

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
I love working on cars. There is no such thing as too fast. Budget is the only limiting factor. My son is 14. He will be getting his learners permit in about a year. We are planning on building a car. We will do something with a complete mod. But I am thinking an older model. I would love to get my hands on an old Vega. Something pre 1975. No catalitic converter. I believe we could build a small block to replace the 4 banger. Get rid of the TH350 to go with a 4 or 5 speed. I am thinking we could build a real sleeper that would lay down rubber and still get 20+ miles to the gallon.
Wanna fix my POS truck? It's leaking antifreeze from I'm not sure where and the brakes are a little scary at times. If you could help out a fellow firearmstalk member/fellow gun nut id love some tips via PM

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 02-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #65

Liked 1678 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 1128

You say it is leaking antifreeze. Do you see it on the ground? Does it just go down with no puddles?

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
You say it is leaking antifreeze. Do you see it on the ground? Does it just go down with no puddles?
Sometimes it's worse than others, sometimes it's only a few drops and a couple days ago it was a pretty big spot when I had it parked for a few hours, definitely the worst that I have seen it. It is an older truck as you might be able to see in my avi so I'm thinking it might be a cracked hose or something of the sort but I'm no mechanic and I'm pretty bad at diagnosing these kinds of things but i like to learn how to fix them myself lol. Thanks in advance for the help

Marlin Model 60
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2

Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
Wanna fix my POS truck? It's leaking antifreeze from I'm not sure where and the brakes are a little scary at times. If you could help out a fellow firearmstalk member/fellow gun nut id love some tips via PM
Make sure if you have pets that they don't get near the leaking antifreeze it can seriously mess them up even kill them if they ingest it. Sounds like a leaking hose, it is possible the water pump is weeping or the radiator is leaking but if the amount that is leaked varies most likely a hose going bad.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt

Make sure if you have pets that they don't get near the leaking antifreeze it can seriously mess them up even kill them if they ingest it. Sounds like a leaking hose, it is possible the water pump is weeping or the radiator is leaking but if the amount that is leaked varies most likely a hose going bad.
Yea I keep the oil absorbent stuff in my toolbox to throw on this stuff to at least get it mostly off the ground so they don't eat it. That craps like poison. Its good to hear someone say its a hose lol. I forgot to mention that I put in some of that radiator stop leak stuff but it didn't help at all, thought that might be worth a mention

Marlin Model 60
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2

Old 02-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
Yea I keep the oil absorbent stuff in my toolbox to throw on this stuff to at least get it mostly off the ground so they don't eat it. That craps like poison. Its good to hear someone say its a hose lol. I forgot to mention that I put in some of that radiator stop leak stuff but it didn't help at all, thought that might be worth a mention
You might try tightening the clamps at each end of the hoses, if they are the worm type clamps, that could solve the problem.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #70
JAD

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Try this when its cool top off the coolent and squeeze the top hose a few times look good for a leek.