whats your whacky hobby? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > whats your whacky hobby?

View Poll Results: whats your whacky hobby? what do you collect to obsession?
cats 1 3.03%
dogs 1 3.03%
toy cars 1 3.03%
dolls 0 0%
autographs 2 6.06%
books/mags 4 12.12%
lawn mowers 2 6.06%
cars/trucks 5 15.15%
other weird stuff 21 63.64%
t-shirts 1 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter

Mmmmm, how many women go to the OBGYN when there is NO problem? Some, but probably not the majority. Think about it.

Mine's woodworking. I didn't see it in your list. Right now I'm trying to collect a lot of machinery to do what I'm interested in at the moment, which is making marble runs & machines. Harder than it looks.
I am a woodworker as well. I also brew my own beer and occasionally fly power kites.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #92
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6876 Times on 3453 Posts
Likes Given: 7454

I was a picker before picking was cool but its not for resale! Im very particular about what I pick and generally, what I collect is super discounted, free or nearly free and almost always building materials. Ive got a 3500 Sq ft 190 year old home Ive been rebuilding going on ten years. Its a very expensive venture even if you DIY, especially if your buying all new and full price items to do it with. Ive renovated nearly 75% of the home with some of the most beautiful Old Growth Hardwoods and much of the framing is twice used.

All my reno's have re-purposed materials, 100% of them have some or much! Sometimes I sit on the product for years before its used but it always gets used and nobody looking at the finished product would be the wiser unless I told them! One of my larger projects, the kitchen was a byproduct of our University Library renovation. They smashed tons of 50 year old white oak built in shelving units and I took home 3 PU truckloads of broken cabinet grade lumber. 4 years later, I remilled it all and built from scratch one of the most beautiful custom kitchens I could have imagined. Its obviously not new oak, its got some character but its got flake and tiger waves you will never find in new quick growth oak and its as hard as rock maple! The cabinets are 100% oak backs, sides, shelves and drawers and fit in my old home like a glove.

That same library provided some of the most beautiful treads for my New addition/ staircase from the rare book collection shelves!

cimg1340.jpg  
Old 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #93

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post

Are we twins?
Great minds think alike.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #94
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 264 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Or small minds seldom differ!

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #95
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7787 Times on 4675 Posts
Likes Given: 9764

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I was a picker before picking was cool but its not for resale! Im very particular about what I pick and generally, what I collect is super discounted, free or nearly free and almost always building materials. Ive got a 3500 Sq ft 190 year old home Ive been rebuilding going on ten years. Its a very expensive venture even if you DIY, especially if your buying all new and full price items to do it with. Ive renovated nearly 75% of the home with some of the most beautiful Old Growth Hardwoods and much of the framing is twice used.

All my reno's have re-purposed materials, 100% of them have some or much! Sometimes I sit on the product for years before its used but it always gets used and nobody looking at the finished product would be the wiser unless I told them! One of my larger projects, the kitchen was a byproduct of our University Library renovation. They smashed tons of 50 year old white oak built in shelving units and I took home 3 PU truckloads of broken cabinet grade lumber. 4 years later, I remilled it all and built from scratch one of the most beautiful custom kitchens I could have imagined. Its obviously not new oak, its got some character but its got flake and tiger waves you will never find in new quick growth oak and its as hard as rock maple! The cabinets are 100% oak backs, sides, shelves and drawers and fit in my old home like a glove.

That same library provided some of the most beautiful treads for my New addition/ staircase from the rare book collection shelves!
Very nice. I'm Impressed.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #96

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
Or small minds seldom differ!
Ouch...

Old 02-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #97

Liked 743 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgersty View Post
I would love to have one in neon green and black to match my bike!
No problem, i will pm you guys for size and colors. Working on a sling for one of my shotguns, and on 12hr shifts at work, so might be a week or 2

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #98

Liked 743 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
If you are still taking auditions I am a dead ringer for your hubby, only bigger and better!
LOL.... Boys are so ornery, and cute.....

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 02-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #99
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11490

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post

Is that sheet copper backsplash? Nice! You do great work.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #100

Liked 2014 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 1344

I also do a little wood working and home remodeling. This is a pic of my kitchen. I made the cabinets myself and laid the tile floor. I will be doing countertops soon.

pics-ricks-camera-054.jpg  

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This