Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What's your recurring dream? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/whats-your-recurring-dream-64414/)

CHLChris 05-13-2012 08:54 PM

What's your recurring dream?

Even decades before I starting owning and shooting guns, I have a had a recurring dream about trying to fire a gun to save myself and I pull the trigger as hard as I can, but the gun doesn't fire. No matter how hard I squeeze, I can't pull the trigger back far enough to fire.

The situations are always different, but the gun doesn't fire. I have it every couple of weeks for the last 30 years.

What's your recurring dream? Let's try to stay away from interpretations, though...no laptop therapists.

mountainman13 05-13-2012 08:58 PM

I don't know. I don't remember my dreams. But atleast once a week I get bi?ched at by my girl for screaming in my sleep.
That's what you get for hooking up with a guy with ptsd. Just be happy for me I'm sleeping.

caseyphx 05-13-2012 09:00 PM

My girlfriend says I scream least two or three times a week. Ptsd sucks

mountainman13 05-13-2012 09:01 PM

Yes it does.

Ranger-6 05-13-2012 09:13 PM

In my dreams I have learned how to fly. Before when being chased I could barely keep out of reach of my chasers grabbing a hold of my feet. When they caught me I would wake up clinching my guns. But, now I can fly to escape their grasp.

Zombiegirl 05-13-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris
Even decades before I starting owning and shooting guns, I have a had a recurring dream about trying to fire a gun to save myself and I pull the trigger as hard as I can, but the gun doesn't fire. No matter how hard I squeeze, I can't pull the trigger back far enough to fire.

The situations are always different, but the gun doesn't fire. I have it every couple of weeks for the last 30 years.

What's your recurring dream? Let's try to stay away from interpretations, though...no laptop therapists.

I have that dream also or that there aren't any bullets. In those cases, I still find other ways to kill what's coming to get me.

Zombiegirl 05-13-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
I don't know. I don't remember my dreams. But atleast once a week I get bi?ched at by my girl for screaming in my sleep.
That's what you get for hooking up with a guy with ptsd. Just be happy for me I'm sleeping.

I scare my husband with my screaming too. I have had nightmares my entire life.

mountainman13 05-13-2012 09:19 PM

Sorry to hear that. People don't understand how precious a good nights sleep is.

Shoobee 05-13-2012 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A monster buck the size of a dynosaur, and just as I get ready to draw my bow I remember that I forgot to bring my license and tags.

Shoobee 05-13-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombiegirl (Post 800073)
I scare my husband with my screaming too. I have had nightmares my entire life.

Wow! Something must have happened when you were a little kid and your brain can't forget it.