whats your favorite band/singer? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > whats your favorite band/singer?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Growing Up In The 50's, 60's, and 70's

I got my first record player in 1957, with a small assortment of 45 rpm records; From there, I began a record collection which would span over three decades. I listened to everything from Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Fats Domino, Ray Charles, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, The Coasters, The Everly Brothers,
Buddy Holly, and many many more. My mother once bought me Pat Boone's rendition of Good Golly Miss Molly and Tootie Fruitie The sixties brought in Motown, Gordy, Stax, Volt, and Atlantic, with groups like The Four Tops, The Supremes, Martha Reeves, Little Eva, Gladys Knight, Little Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Joe Tex, Junior Walker, Otis Reading, Eddie Floyd, Rufus Thomas, Booker T. Jones, with many more to come. It was also during this time that the Beatles were making their way into our music. It was also this time when I honed my skills at concealing transitter radios at school and learned to splice and edit the reel to reel tapes.

Things seemed to bust wide open in 1968, with a far different style of music coming from Britain. Also being a movie buff; In 1966 I was watching a British made movie called "Blowup", This is where I got a preview of things to come. Watch this video and see who you recognize.

I had already been collecting Motion Picture Soundtracks, which cost higher premiums than the others.

The 70s, for me, started off in October of '69 as I entered the Army while leaving my stereo and record collection behind. This didn't prevent me from obtaining a portable radio and a cassette recorder/player later on.

A hitch in Vietnam in '70-'71 pretty much accounted for a year of lost time with music for me but much was waiting when I got back to the States.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #22

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, Marshall Tucker Band, Charlie Daniels Band, Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, Bad Company, Foghat, Deep Purple, Kid Rock, Jackyl, George Jones, Merle Haggard, David Allen Coe and the list goes on............

Old 02-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #23

I'm like the OP... I can listen to just about anything.

Right now? Good Charlotte, Death Cab for Cutie, DMB, etc, etc...

XD-9 SubCompact -- Walther P22 -- Savage 110 -- Mossberg 835 -- Ruger 10/22 -- Bushmaster 16" AR-15