whats your day job? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

whats your day job?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

law student, so i am gainfully unemployed

Old 03-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm retired and working part-time at a gun store / shooting range. The pays not too good but I get to shoot as much as I want for free. Does anyone have any extra primers?

Old 03-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

My university diplomas say anthropologist and historian, but I haven't done much work in those areas.

In the past couple of years I've worked as a hunting guide (doing mostly bow and knife hunting), I've trained horses for polo and endurance races and last year I started my own business with my best friend. We opened an outdoors gear store, he's a rock climber and I'm a knife knut, so we get to buy and play with all the cool gadgets we love, and our buddies can get their kit with a nice discount.

We've also started to import brands that were not previously available in Argentina and we are manufacturing our own brand of outdoors clothing (the first fleece garments will be ready in April!).

I still breed horses, but just for fun. I love training percherons.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #34

I work in accounting

Old 03-12-2009, 05:07 PM   #35
MGH

I work campus security. (boring) but school is free. I'm geting my BS in Pyschology and hopefully land a job in criminal profiling

Old 03-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #36

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I "retired" after 30 years of policing in S. California and Portland Oregon metro area. My final several years as a Major Crime's detective and homicide team member, with a specialization in child abuse and sexual assaults.

After "retiring" I took a job with Leupold (the scope folks) in security for 4 years, until my boss and I had a serious disagreement over security procedures. We parted on good terms, and I still recommend their products.

After another brief "retirement," I now work as an Executive Protection Agent (bodyguard) for a high profile, elected official. The city decided to put active officers back on the streets after 9-11-01, hiring us as private contractors, to babysit our principle protectee.

whats your day job? - The Club House
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Those are like Clydesdales without the boots, right? whats your day job? - The Club House

whats your day job? - The Club House

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #38

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Those are like Clydesdales without the boots, right?
Yes... they are beautiful animals... I hate that in here are used in bull fights (It's like roman circus, barbarian to me) to pull out the bull after being murdered. The Clydesdales are beautiful too... a couple of years I went to Bush Gardens in Tampa, FL and saw a bunch of them... beautiful...
BTW... I love this comercial:
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE