whats your day job? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > whats your day job?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp1987 View Post
soo what do you all do for a living?

for the past 2 1/2 years ive been an electrician (not licensed yet)
im looking into going to school for gunsmithing but im not sure how that will pan out.
I have been a electrician scince i was 18 I am 29 now.Its a great trade and a lot of $$$$$$ can be made in it but it can get rough at times and work can get a little scarce. It is also a hard trade to get out of once you are in.

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

For the last 7 years I have been a Contract Security Officer for the Dept. of Homeland Security/Federal Protective Service. We make sure that all federal property and its employees and public clientel are safe.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 03-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #23

Default sgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I'm just a run of the mill, full time, Technical Sergeant in the Montana Air National Guard with a RED HORSE unit.

I do alot of things which I will not divulge, but when I'm not busy trying to cover up crashed space aliens, my duties take me all over the world.

So far I've been to:

Germany (multiple locations)
New Foundland
Italy
Portugal
Azores
Turkey (multiple locations)
Persian Gulf (multiple locations)
Iraq
All over the United States

Not a bad deal so far. 11 years into it, and I plan on going at least 20-24 years and retiring. Once I retire, I plan on doing something like a hunting or fishing guide. If that doesn't work out, I'll get a part time job at a gun shop (talk about fun work...lol).
Thank you for your service!!!!

Keep your head down!!!!

Old 03-08-2009, 03:11 AM   #24
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have a motor sport or a preformance auto business we service/restore/sell for the most part american muscle cars. Over the years we added service for exoctic euro cars as there aren't a lot of shops that can handle those cars. 15 years in business and doing well until recently..go figure no one is spending money on toys these days.

Before that I was an engineer for a short time, before that I was a Marine (how I paid for my education) and might have to admit part of the best time in life. I left the USMC after eight years as a LT my last TOD was the storm and that was recall and where I got my LT bars. Almost a year in the sand and here we are again my son is on his 4th TOD and is a Sgt at 22, he has four years in and another to do before he can become reserve. All I want for him is to be out and all he wants is for the war to be over.

So thats what I do

Old 03-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #25

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Electronic Engineer

Since I graduate from high school became a computer technician, for 8 years then I graduate from university (Electronic Engineer) start work as field engineer in a outsourcing company for CEMEX & Holcim and some coal mines, performing preventive and corrective maintenance of Caterpillar machinery on limestone quarry (769, 773, 777, D8, D9, D10, 966, 988, 992, 345, 365, 12, 140, 160, Gardner Denver Drills, Senebogen shovels... etc), I did the electrical system of the machinery but supervisor, crew chief, prentive maintenance planing and administrative paperwork ...Two years ago changing the tires of a 773E truck, one of the tires fall on me, crushing my pelvis... now I have a hip replacement, and some dificulties to walk properly but glad to be alive and from one way or other I'm still here. Since the last year I unemployed, but the last week I recive a call from the local airport (La Chinita International Airport - MAR) and the thursday I'll have an interview

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 03-12-2009, 02:24 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I am a Auto Technician at a large Ford/Hyundai dealer here in maine..

Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #27

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz View Post
I am a Auto Technician at a large Ford/Hyundai dealer here in maine..

Heck of alot better than a GM guy right now.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:07 AM   #28

Likes Given: 6

Special alloy welder/foreman

Old 03-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Po-Lice officer in a drug task force. I basically do the exact same thing as those a-holes on that DEA show on spike except i dont get paid as much or have those nifty federal super powers. My weekly goal is to make at least one person cry at the realization that they are going to be spending some time in jail if not prison. Its an awesome job i look forward to my alarm going off every morning. O and it affords me the ability to carry concealed here in Illinois...........awesome.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #30

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I come up with last minute desperate solutions, to impossible problems, created by other Effing people.... In the Commercial Electrical Power Industry.

And no, I don't have anything to do with how much to have to pay to heat your house.

JD