whats your day job?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > whats your day job?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 3 Posts

Default whats your day job?

soo what do you all do for a living?

for the past 2 1/2 years ive been an electrician (not licensed yet)
im looking into going to school for gunsmithing but im not sure how that will pan out.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2009, 01:20 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm a Truck Driver, i get to ride around all day and listen to sports talk on the FM. And no way do i look at women who pass by nekked. By the way i am licensed

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 03-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
I'm a Truck Driver, i get to ride around all day and listen to sports talk on the FM. And no way do i look at women who pass by nekked. By the way i am licensed
licensed to look at nekked women? where do ya git one a' them (either a license or a nekked woman)?

what kinda class work and home work would you have to study for the license?

‘‘It is not the function of our government to keep the
citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the
citizen to keep the government from falling into error.’’

— Justice Robert H. Jackson, the chief prosecutor of
the surviving Nazi leaders at Nuremberg, Germany.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post

mmhéhé, i'm a truck driver too. i turn around the city and during waiting time i either clean my guns or play drums inside my bunk....very harassing job....

on the week-ends, i play drums in a band, we do some clubbing but it's mainly for fun....but i'd like to play full time for a living...
my-truck-006.jpg  

Old 03-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I am a CTT or Computer tech and trainer. I am a low level network admin. Oh yah I work in an elementary school.....

Old 03-07-2009, 01:51 AM   #6

Liked 325 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Im in the Telcom trade. Started in 1991 got my contracting liscense in 2002. Mostly has been utility company work AT&T, Verison, Surewest,etc...(regulated side). Specilize in outside plant construction and maintance (aerial, ground, and underground). Lately has been mostly college campuses, military bases, air ports, Citiy and County work, and large commercial expansion projects.(deregulated side). Lots of copper splicing, some fiber splicing, and lots of travel. Having a contraction liscense makes it more than a day job. 12 to 18 hour days bidding the jobs, working the jobs, invoicing the jobs, sometimes squirrelly employees and inspectors, and sometimes collecting my money. Also, the family business, small time land development. (only way we'll have a retirement)

Last edited by mrm14; 03-07-2009 at 01:56 AM.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #7

I was a CNC machinist for 7 years, and have been doing the programming for the past two. My favorite parts were gimbal mounts for Raytheon. They make all da missiles!

Hopefully, they've been put to good use by now.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Old 03-07-2009, 02:18 AM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Direct G & M coding is becoming a lost art due to CAM software. Creating a CAM post is not programming.

I hope some of the stuff I did for 8-1/2 years is never used, because they went on nuclear missles.

I know some of the stuff I used to make is being used on the Predator II.

Some stuff I can not even talk about, ever.

I would never attempt to make a lower receiver or any other serialed part for any firearm on my own, and I would never post it anywhere.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:35 AM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I wish I had a mysterious job like skullcrusher.

I'm in the construction field and I am working towards my ultimate contractors license. I have been through the police academy and am waiting for the economy to turn around so I can get a job as a police officer.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:18 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
licensed to look at nekked women? where do ya git one a' them (either a license or a nekked woman)?

what kinda class work and home work would you have to study for the license?
They Come from everywhere, Just riding down the road. You wouldn't beleive the things we see, Sometimes i don't beleive what i see.

The license comes from the state it's called a CDL.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)