Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   whats your day job? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/whats-your-day-job-11619/)

dcp1987 03-06-2009 11:55 PM

whats your day job?

soo what do you all do for a living?

for the past 2 1/2 years ive been an electrician (not licensed yet)
im looking into going to school for gunsmithing but im not sure how that will pan out.

Chester 03-07-2009 12:20 AM

I'm a Truck Driver, i get to ride around all day and listen to sports talk on the FM. And no way do i look at women who pass by nekked. By the way i am licensed

Stainless 03-07-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester (Post 79184)
I'm a Truck Driver, i get to ride around all day and listen to sports talk on the FM. And no way do i look at women who pass by nekked. By the way i am licensed

licensed to look at nekked women? where do ya git one a' them (either a license or a nekked woman)?

what kinda class work and home work would you have to study for the license?:D

Glockmaniac 03-07-2009 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chester (Post 79184)

mmhéhé, i'm a truck driver too. i turn around the city and during waiting time i either clean my guns or play drums inside my bunk....very harassing job...:D.

on the week-ends, i play drums in a band, we do some clubbing but it's mainly for fun....but i'd like to play full time for a living...:)

cpttango30 03-07-2009 12:37 AM

I am a CTT or Computer tech and trainer. I am a low level network admin. Oh yah I work in an elementary school.....

mrm14 03-07-2009 12:51 AM

Im in the Telcom trade. Started in 1991 got my contracting liscense in 2002. Mostly has been utility company work AT&T, Verison, Surewest,etc...(regulated side). Specilize in outside plant construction and maintance (aerial, ground, and underground). Lately has been mostly college campuses, military bases, air ports, Citiy and County work, and large commercial expansion projects.(deregulated side). Lots of copper splicing, some fiber splicing, and lots of travel. Having a contraction liscense makes it more than a day job. 12 to 18 hour days bidding the jobs, working the jobs, invoicing the jobs, sometimes squirrelly employees and inspectors, and sometimes collecting my money. Also, the family business, small time land development. (only way we'll have a retirement)

BPond 03-07-2009 01:04 AM

I was a CNC machinist for 7 years, and have been doing the programming for the past two. My favorite parts were gimbal mounts for Raytheon. They make all da missiles!:D

Hopefully, they've been put to good use by now.:cool:

skullcrusher 03-07-2009 01:18 AM

Direct G & M coding is becoming a lost art due to CAM software. Creating a CAM post is not programming.

I hope some of the stuff I did for 8-1/2 years is never used, because they went on nuclear missles.

I know some of the stuff I used to make is being used on the Predator II.

Some stuff I can not even talk about, ever.

I would never attempt to make a lower receiver or any other serialed part for any firearm on my own, and I would never post it anywhere.

dnthmn2004 03-07-2009 01:35 AM

I wish I had a mysterious job like skullcrusher:(.

I'm in the construction field and I am working towards my ultimate contractors license. I have been through the police academy and am waiting for the economy to turn around so I can get a job as a police officer.

Chester 03-07-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stainless (Post 79191)
licensed to look at nekked women? where do ya git one a' them (either a license or a nekked woman)?

what kinda class work and home work would you have to study for the license?:D

They Come from everywhere, Just riding down the road. You wouldn't beleive the things we see, Sometimes i don't beleive what i see.

The license comes from the state it's called a CDL.