What's Your Beef?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

What's Your Beef?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default What's Your Beef?

This afternoon I spent several hours sanding and stripping and removing rust from an assortment of garden tools; a shovel, spading fork, three rakes, and a really neat hand rake. I also had to throw out a nice Corona rose pruner as it was beyond help.

Here's my beef; my wife leaves tools out to rust and or loses them. I'm not sure how many Corona hand pruners she's let rust and ruined and then lost. I think she lent the loppers to her friend. I'm not sure as I haven't seen them for a year.

So, this weekend, my project is to restore the aforementioned tools and to rehab the wheelbarrow. The wood is extremely dry and the barrow is quite rusted.

I love my wife and don't bug her about this stuff because in the scheme of things it's not that big of a deal, but it's one of my pet peeves.

What's yours?
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2009, 04:19 AM   #2

Liked 1443 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Ah, the constant "Have you seen my _____?"

I love my wife and have no regrets for the 'I Do' I pledged nearly 43 years ago but......why would I know where your left taupe sandal is? The location of your car keys or sunglasses? I supply her with a pack of bic pens about once a month but she is always asking "Have you seen my pen?"

Not much of a beef, I'm blessed.

Except for that dog fart thing!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #3
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My beef is a simple one (at least as I see it). Put things back where they belong after use and then you won't have to ask me wher they are. If you ask me where your keys are and they aren't on the key hook then have a good time looking for them. Retrace your steps (act it out if it helps) with luck you will find your keys but don't involve me. I know where my keys are, on the key hook, where they belong.

Only other beef would be "remember that movie, person or time in life" that you don't recall the details of but expect I should. No! if you don't know the details why get on me for not filling in the blanks.

Best is call my cell phone so I can hear it ring and find it. If I said I had no idea where my cell phone was it would be shock and awe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 10-24-2009 at 05:10 AM.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Let me start by saying I have three kids(two girls and my little man) and my beautiful wife. There is WAY too much estrogen in my house.

CRYING

Thats my pet peeve. Women(girls) cry over anything. It drives me nuts.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #5

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Hey I will trade you my son. He starts crying when I tell him that he missed a problem on his math home work. It then takes 30 minutes to calm the kid down enough to have him fix his mistake.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Hey I will trade you my son. He starts crying when I tell him that he missed a problem on his math home work. It then takes 30 minutes to calm the kid down enough to have him fix his mistake.
Deal. Come pick 'em up. Two girls for the boy right? That's a damn deal. You get to put up with the damn shampoo, makeup and tampons...

Old 10-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

License plates with "10s" anywhere on them.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

My beef? I am the only one in my family of in-laws, that has a pickup truck. Every time some one needs to haul, move or pull something, my truck and trailer becomes available. It's hell being the favorite son-in-law.....for the wrong reasons. Damn worthless SUVs.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 10-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Jack there's a great bumper sticker for your problem: "Yes it's my truck, No I won't help you move". Every pickup should have one.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #10

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I tend to live by the "If I leave it out, I'm going to use it again soon!" theory and inevitably my wife will pass through a room and put everything away.

Granted, it looks better having things stored away; but I can't figure out even after 30 of marriage what organizational theory she applies when putting things away?

I've found my channel locks and dikes, cordless drill motor and drill index in the laundry cabinets, my 25' tape measure in the kitchen drawer where the batteries and matches are?

The house looks great all the time, I just can't find anything and have to ask her where my things ended up...."Honey have you seen my (enter tool, book, hearing protection, firearm, etc. here)?" God, I love this woman!!