Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   What's your area of expertise/ interest? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/whats-your-area-expertise-interest-99707/)

Winchester94 10-30-2013 01:11 PM

What's your area of expertise/ interest?
 
Most people who own or enjoy firearms era/gun type/ manufacturer/ etc. that they are more interested and have more knowledge about. Most also have some guns of that type in their collection. What's your favorite and what's your favorite gun of the type?
My favorite are military and law enforcement side arms from black powder revolvers up to around the Vietnam War era. As I've only been able to get handguns recently, mine is my Waltger P1.

Winchester94 10-30-2013 01:12 PM

Walther, rather.

txpossum 10-30-2013 01:28 PM

I'm not sure it's an area of expertise or special interest, but I do know that my eyes are first drawn to Colt automatics or Smith and Wesson Revolvers; I prefer guns made before the 1970's.

MisterMcCool 10-30-2013 02:00 PM

I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little. I am an expert at nothing. :(

mountainman13 10-30-2013 02:02 PM

I know my way around black powder firearms and the more modern military/ Leo stuff. Throw an old Mauser or something at me and I may not be able to identify it, but if parts are available I can still fix it.
I built a nambu from a box of gun, but wouldn't say I specialize in them.
Obviously I specialize in Glock, but you give me any modern firearm and I'll rip it apart and put it back together.
If I had to state a favorite to date, I'd say the kriss vector. That is just an awesome platform. Such a cool gun.

nitestalker 10-30-2013 02:07 PM

Flintlocks to AK-47s.:)

artbrownsr 10-30-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1417712)
I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little. I am an expert at nothing. :(

I call myself a multitool as I'm good at a lot of things but not great at anything.

Winchester94 10-30-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum (Post 1417694)
I'm not sure it's an area of expertise or special interest, but I do know that my eyes are first drawn to Colt automatics or Smith and Wesson Revolvers; I prefer guns made before the 1970's.

I totally agree. I've got a Diamondback and Woodsman Match Target. They're two of my favorite guns I own.

Gizord1 10-30-2013 02:36 PM

All guns, but I have a very keen interest in oddities, experimental firearms, failed firearms, rare firearms, and homebuilds.

Winchester94 10-30-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1417713)
I know my way around black powder firearms and the more modern military/ Leo stuff. Throw an old Mauser or something at me and I may not be able to identify it, but if parts are available I can still fix it.
I built a nambu from a box of gun, but wouldn't say I specialize in them.
Obviously I specialize in Glock, but you give me any modern firearm and I'll rip it apart and put it back together.
If I had to state a favorite to date, I'd say the kriss vector. That is just an awesome platform. Such a cool gun.

I love old Mauser handguns. They're one of my particular favorite manufacturers. Though I've never had one apart. Sadly, it's very rare I find a Mauser pistol anywhere in my area


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.