Whats good about getting old - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Whats good about getting old

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

I am 54, my Dad just turned 87. Dad got slowed down a little while with shingles around 70 but bounced back in a couple years. Then this spring he tripped over a roll of fencing, dislocated and broke his shoulder. That took a toll on him, but I can only hope to enjoy the health he has had. I really don't think it's going to happen.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #22

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I wish I had done a lot more of those stupid things that injured me in my old age. They were a lot of fun and the penalties are the same.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Davyboy Likes This 
Old 11-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #23

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
I wish I had done a lot more of those stupid things that injured me in my old age. They were a lot of fun and the penalties are the same.
I bear the seeds of immense pain later in life but I have gladly sold my ease of movement amd lack of pain for our constitution and my loved ones freedoms. So I understand your sentiment very well Crow
Old 11-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #24
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1989 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 592

I like being able to go to the range, lake or bike trail while every one else is at work. When I was younger a 65 year old skier got a discount and free skiing at 70. They changed that when I got eligible. We had to cut out the hiking and skiing because of my wife's knee but we still walk, kayak, bike, shoot and I like to fish.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

People Like This 
Old 11-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6135 Times on 3039 Posts
Likes Given: 6514

I dont think I quite fall into the Old category yet but 50+ is certainly different than WF38 @ 20 years old.

Im not nearly as fast as I was back then but my work is much more fruitful than before.

I finally figured out that Physics was my friend and now work smarter, not harder!

I dont sweat the little things anymore and dont feel I need to fix everything thats wrong that big either.

Im not as good as I once was but Im as good once as I ever was!

Instead of ignoring advice from my elders, I pick and choose who is worthy of hearing my sage advice!

People say my hearing sucks but its a great excuse for ignoring sage advice from people, I just keep saying, Huh, What did you say?

Sadly, as my Grand Daughter gets older, the young ladies I once gawked at become off limits for my eyes cause they remind me of her!

When I was young I hated much and fixed little, now I hate very little and fix much!

Some people hate the thought of growing older but I have to say, unless they can find another option other than dieing young, thats the dream Im chasing!

Old 11-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #26

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

What's good about getting old....

Hmm, lemme think...

What was the question again???

imagesca276t1e.jpg  

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 11-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango
What's good about getting old ?

It's better than the alternative.
Very true. I lost a student that I taught at home when he was 12 and my cousin was killed at age 20. I am thankful for every day that I get.

Last edited by Zombiegirl; 11-03-2012 at 04:47 PM.
People Like This