What are your plans for X-Mass Day?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What are your plans for X-Mass Day?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default What are your plans for X-Mass Day?

Well my head hurts from all the bad news. And here we are just hours away from the High Holiday of Christian people. We plan a Western Christmas here in the High Country of the Mtn. West. Kids making it home before the next Big snow storm. A pine fire in the fire place lots of good food and friends. I just happen to know one of those long boxes is a new rifle for old Grandpa. What plans do you folks on the forum have planned?
From the nitestalker and family a Merry Christmas to all our friends here on the forum.

santa.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #2

Liked 345 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 6

christmas at the grandparents house with my mom, fiance, brother & his wife plus their little one, and sister & her husband plus their little one. we're all past the stage where christmas presents excite us (except the niece & nephew, both are 2), we're just happy being able to see each other get some good food in our bellies

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 12-23-2012, 05:48 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Christmas Day will consist of a small gift exchange in the morning over coffee and hot cocoa and then some sporting clays shooting in the back yard. My sister (15 years old) wants to go duck hunting so we'll see if she can hit some clays first. Got her a 20ga single shot to try out. Hope you all have a relaxing and Merry Christmas. :-)

Old 12-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #4
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1577 Times on 964 Posts
Likes Given: 8154

My plans are to avoid my family members as much as possible. I know that will never work, so I guess it will be a small gift exchange in the morning and dinner in the afternoon. Then I will run, screaming, for home.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 12-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2873 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Friends and family will be filling our house.
The noise of unwrapping presents, squeals from the kids and special others.
Enjoying a good wine, smell the good food.

Talk of guns, old and new.

Looking forward to a good time.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Last edited by danf_fl; 12-23-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #6

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Family will be over Christmas afternoon and evening. I picked up the roast beast yesterday. It will be a day of feasting.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

NS, I gave you a like cause your so right not cause I like what your so right about! Its a sad Year, not a sad Season. Christmas has always been the Best Holiday of the year and not only because I am a Christian, it was always time for family to come together from all parts to celebrate together. The ribbons and bows were nice but our small family was more about the gifts of knowledge, history and education than garbage that likely would be broken 2 weeks later.

All those that taught me and my two sisters all of the lessons of life and our roots have passed as of this year and I am the sad recipient of the Patriarch of the Family ribbon and the Matriarch is a nutcase Lefty.

Hard to keep the focus where it needs to be but here goes. I will spend time with those I most care about, My children and Grandchildren (Grandaughter #2 stayed over last night). We will speak of history, our Christ Child given blessings and the Service Members abroad and on duty away from their loved ones so that we can enjoy this time together.

On a lighter note, Im sure I will Eat way too much, drink 1 or 2 too many Single Barrel Jack and Waters, pass out on the couch and sleep well in the knowledge that my blessings really do outweigh my aches and pains. God bless all my Family, Friends, Neighbors, My FTF Bud's an God please Bless America.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #8

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Ill be on the boat working.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #9

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Ill be on the boat working.
My boy will be opening his 2 gifts under the tree, and then we're headed off to work too.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #10

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

My boy will be opening his 2 gifts under the tree, and then we're headed off to work too.
Keep on keeping on lol, I'm really happy that you have sue this time of year. Back where he belongs. Makes me happy to know. Hope you both have the best day possible while working.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.