The absolutes for me;
1) The most important things in life are unseen and only felt.
2) The legacy you leave to this world is your children, they are a mirror of you, raise them well.
3) Good friends are hard to come by, be one to keep one.
4) Forgive often, life is tough and you will be disappointed many times by people, let it go and move on.
5) Have thick skin for reason #4, it will carry you thru the tough times.
6) The most important thing to have in life, a good mind. To be able to keep it together when shtf or the unimaginable happens.
Remember the battle of Athens, TN!
"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin