What are your personal "ABSOLUTES" - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What are your personal "ABSOLUTES"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 11-19-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #22

Liked 1340 Times on 796 Posts
Likes Given: 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

11) A quality Kentucky straight bourbon is the best liquor. Over ice is the best way to drink it.
OVER ICE! That's just watering it down, if you want it slightly chilled get some stones or chill the glass.

I'm not sure I can converse with you anymore knowing your one of "those" people who waters down their whiskey.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 11-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #23

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV
And what do you mean by true?
Go ask your parents, they will likeky know. I don't mean to be short but if you don't understand what I'm talking about lets just say it's my fault and leave it at that.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #24

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
Started what all?
Hard Rock...they were ahead of their time. You can throw Cream, Hendrix, Deep Purple in their as well...but LZ was the whole package. Not many modern rock musicians will dispute that. Listen to them closely sometime...not many match the depth, soul, energy and musical talent Led Zeppelin possessed....especially since thay had very few to emulate. Amercan blues artists mainly.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #25

Liked 321 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 338

Last edited by AsSeenOnTV; 11-19-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #26

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSeenOnTV View Post
My absolute is there is no best in music. Its like apples and oranges. Its what you like
Ok..you're post #12 has some merit. But their are firsts and there are originals and there are trendsetters....and there are greats. The Beatles, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Hendrix, LZ and probably M. Jackson, B.B. KIng and others fall in that catagory. Not to leave out the Jazz greats.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
AsSeenOnTV Likes This 
Old 11-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #27

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Things I have learned and know for sure:

1. You do what you have to do.

2. You do whatever works.

3. Any gun is better than no gun; a .25 in your pocket beats a .45 at home.

4. I am a patriot and am willing to die for my country -- but first I'm gonna try to make the other guy die for his.

5. I believe in freedom of religion, and that means I get to believe what I choose, and so does everybody else -- and nobody gets to tell either of us what we HAVE TO believe.

6. The better food tastes, the worse it is for you.

7. Drunk driving should be handled as it is in Sweden: First offense gets you permanent loss of license and two mandatory years in the slammer.

8. From an old rancher I used to know: "As far as I can figger, the Republicans want to take my money and give it to the rich folks, and the Democrats want to take my money and give it to the poor folks. I'm lookin' for a party that wants to let me KEEP it."

9. Teachers should be paid what lawyers make, and vice versa.

10. Smoking may be a right, but it's still the dumbest thing a human can do next to wearing a "Kawasaki Rules" T-shirt into a biker bar.

11. Gay people should be allowed to marry. Why should they get special protection?

12. From Norm Peterson on Cheers: "Women! Can't live with 'em... Pass the beer nuts."

13. You should thank every cop, firefighter, and veteran you see. If they're not busy.

14. I love ALL music; classical, rock, country, New Age, oldies, whatever. I detest rap -- but then that's not "music," is it?

15. Chickens are disgusting, filthy, unpleasant, smelly, stupid and ill-tempered creatures. The only good chicken is a FRIED chicken.

16. Aged prime beef is why God made taste buds.

17. Divorce is like killing a man; it's always a bad thing, but sometimes it's the only thing you can do.

18. The current fashion for ultra-skinny women is ugly, unnatural, and an aberration in human history. Women should have curves, not corners. Marilyn Monroe was not a size 2, and nobody complained.

19. I believe in the four basic food groups: Salt, sugar, grease, and alcohol.

20. Having a good woman in your life is like having a gun when you need one; there is no substitute, and nothing comes in second.

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)
Sonic82 Likes This 
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #28

Liked 2111 Times on 1162 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

8) The f150 is the best overall truck in history.
Wow! How did you get all the others right while screwing this one up so bad?

I drive a 31 year old Chevy. No Ford compares.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
People Like This 
Old 11-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #29

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967

Wow! How did you get all the others right while screwing this one up so bad?

I drive a 31 year old Chevy. No Ford compares.
You're right! No Ford compares because a Ford is in a category above other automotive manufacturers!

Old 11-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #30

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak

you're right! No ford compares because a ford is in a category above other automotive manufacturers!
amen.......