What are your personal "ABSOLUTES"
I was in the work truck this morning driving on my route when on the radio came a Led Zep song. I thought, they have to be the greatest "rock band" of all time, absolutely. So that lead to some more absolutes.
1) There is a god. I will get to him through Jesus.
2) A constitutional Republic is the best form of government. When adheared to.
3) George Washington is the countrys greatest President. He was the indispensible man.
4) The Colt 1911 is the best handgun matched with ammo in history.
5) A shotgun trumps a pistol for self defense. Unless you are fighting inside a phone booth.
6) Nobody loves you like your Mother.
7) Kids need bounderies and consequences, as well as nuturing and praise.
8) The f150 is the best overall truck in history.
9) You are responsible for your life. Choices have consequences, choose wisely in all things big and small.
10) Happiness is choice.
11) A quality Kentucky straight bourbon is the best liquor. Over ice is the best way to drink it.
12) Led Zepplin is the greatest rock band of all time.
13) The SOUTH shall rise again.
What say y'all and your "absolutes."
1. There IS a God. I'm not him.
2. I'm a patriot, and I will die for my country. From
the looks of things lately, very possibly within it's own borders.
3. Thomas Jefferson is my hero.
4. The Germans made pistols efficient, with the 9mm round. The
45ACP, as with many Browning innovations, is truly something special.
5. Shotguns are overrated, punishing with recoil, and require regular
practice. Wonderfully scary reputations, though.
6. Nobody busts your balls like your mother, either. You never feel
that indebted to anyone ever again.
7. Kids need boundaries, and consequences, as well as nurturing and praise.
8. IME, the Silverado is probably the best, but I'd trust a rusty rollerskate
before I ever get another f150...
9. Can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em. NOBODY's "GOT TO PAY", and anybody with
so little respect for their ancestors, that they birth their children directly into the
mantle of poverty, richly deserve Obamas's legacy.
10. Hard work is a good thing. Was happiest when I had callusses on my hands the size of quarters.
11. Enjoyable drink, drunk by enjoyable company, is one of the finer things of life.
12. Cover songs help define a band's sound and quality. Any decent band plays in normal mode,
then has the ability to switch to another gear.
13. The South shall rise again. Hopefully I'll be helping lift it at the time...:)
I have very few absolutes.
I do believe in God.
Don't mess with the ones I love.
A man's word is his most binding contract. How a man treats his own contract, indicates his quality.
"Nobody loves you like your Mother."
That is absolutely true. It is an incredibly powerful love. My son is getting married in May and my future DIL played a song for me that she thought would be a good Mom/son dance at the wedding. I literally sobbed hearing it. And I was so embarrassed. My love for my children is a love that is stronger than anyone can imagine.
"Happiness is choice."
This is absolutely true. I can think of many people who expect others to make them happy. My ex is one of them. He's miserable and it's everyone's fault for making him that way. And, no, it wasn't just me. :) He is 59 years old and still can't figure out why he's so unhappy. *shrugs*
"A quality Kentucky straight bourbon is the best liquor. Over ice is the best way to drink it."
This is only half true. Though I like Gentleman Jack, it's best served neat.
"Led Zepplin is the greatest rock band of all time."
I disagree. I think it might just be Queen.
My absolutes (and I may have to add more as I think about it more)
Women must learn to be independent. Get an education, a good job and know how to survive alone. Don't put lock, stock and barrel into depending on anyone to take care of you throughout your life. Know your finances and how to budget, pay bills, learn to deal with service people, bankers, etc.
Pets make one's life much happier.
Surround yourself with good people. Good friends enhance one's life.
Be good to your family members. Friends and spouses may come and go but your family will be your family forever.
Never turn your back on a child or animal in need.
And what brings it all together for me is.....
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." Matthew 7:2
(And really, I'm not a particularly religious person.)
Very nice additions to the absolutes woc. There is a case for Queen to be made but Zep really started it all and was way ahead of their time.
"GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE"
Yea that will be in my head for the day.
+1 on everything but the Ford...barf! :D :D :D
1-Never, ever complain...someone always has it worse...
2-No matter how good you think you are at something, there is always someone better...
3-Dave Groel is the Paul McCartney of this generation...
4-There is no creature more loyal to man than a dog...
5-To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have...
1) Children, Humor and Music are life's greatest gifts.
2) Electricity is man's greatest invention.
3) Domesticating and developing the wolf subspecies is mans greatest achievment.
4) Penicillin is man's greatest discovery.
4) Bob Dillion will go down as America's greatest songwriter.
5) We are not alone in this universe.
6) Discovering an activity you have a passion for offers life's greatest reward.
7) Money is all it's cracked up to be.
8) I am more fortunate than most.
9) Integrity is a persons greatest virtue.
10) Without a sense of wonder..life is incomplete.
As I started reading Downsouth's first post, I thought, here we go, fuzzy time for shooters. I was correct, and it was pleasing to see so many with shared values of country, family, animals, friends, and fellow man, all with the caveat of "Don't tread on me".
Outsiders don't get it. F'em, and I don't mean that in a fuzzy way.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 07:20 AM.|
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.