Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your favorite thing about FirearmsTALK!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 03:24 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default What is your favorite thing about FirearmsTALK!

So guys and gals, what is your favorite thing about FTF? What keeps you around? How did you find FTF?

Ill go first. I found FTF with a simple google search. I was bored one evening and looking to learn some more information and participate in some discussions. Personally my favorite thing about FTF is how friendly everyone can be. I enjoy the vast array of topics and discussions found here. I am also able to ask silly and foolish questions without getting flammed out the door.

So what is your story?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2011, 03:52 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyerracing343
So guys and gals, what is your favorite thing about FTF? What keeps you around? How did you find FTF?

Ill go first. I found FTF with a simple google search. I was bored one evening and looking to learn some more information and participate in some discussions. Personally my favorite thing about FTF is how friendly everyone can be. I enjoy the vast array of topics and discussions found here. I am also able to ask silly and foolish questions without getting flammed out the door.

So what is your story?
That is basically the exact same thing I would have said.
I too accidentally stumbled upon this forum during a Google search. Friendly conversation, useful information, excellent variety of weapons to talk about with great knowledgeable people.

I actually got yelled at by the wife today for spending too much time on the FTF phone app. So when she wasn't looking I grabbed her phone and downloaded the app for her, now she can see for herself why I spend a lot of time on here lurking for information.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 09-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6114 Times on 3704 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

I got interested in guns from a fellow in Cali. He got angry at me and stopped talking to me so here I was with a GP100 and no one to help me along with it. I knew nothing about guns. At first I considered selling it and forgetting about guns. But I thought, "Why should I let this guy stop me from learning about guns?" I've been single for a very long time and I know by now if I want to do something, I take the initiative to help myself. Ain't no one going to do it for me. So, like the others, I did a Google search.

I originally joined Glock Talk as that's where Cali friend was a member. They were kind of a tough crowd for me. Not extremely helpful, kind of rude, not very patient with me.

So then I found FTF. I was very impressed with the Intro section where you got to tell a little about yourself and many members welcomed you. Wow, what a novel idea. Each new member was welcomed by many. I noticed the members seemed to know each other pretty well and that, on occassion, they met up to shoot together. I registered and started participating. It wasn't too long after I decided to become a SM. That's where I learned what FTF is really "made of". I have paid for other's SM memberships, we have all helped each other financially and with prayer when needed. We have cheered each other's triumphs and cried with each other over the hard times. I am always treated with respect and my questions are always answered patiently and thoroughly. People here have bent over backwards to help me along. I have met with members here to shoot, I bought a gun from a member here for a steal of a price. When I got hung up putting a gun together I was flooded with helpful advice, videos, websites, encouragement and support that helped me get it back together. I am happy here.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:45 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I found FTF through google when I was trying to restore an old sxs. I thought I was just going to ask that one question and never come back. I was wrong. The people were friendly, the topics were great, and it was just a lot of fun. So I continued to come back. Now, I come here almost every day and I have learned a lot.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:48 AM   #5

Liked 180 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I found it via google as well, but most of the reason I decided to stay is the people, people are pretty easy to get along with, knowledgeable, and sometimes just pretty damn funny.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #6

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

In a world filled with different people (may which deeply disturb me) I have found this to be a place where I can meet, talk, discuss, and debate issues with like-minded individuals. Of course we don't always see eye-to-eye, but its never anything personal, and that's what makes it great.

And of course let us not forget the absolute hilarity that frequently takes place throughout the message boards here!

Gotta love google...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

Interesting question. I like the people.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 09-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #8

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am new to FTF. I have always enjoyed forums. Regardless of topic, they are a great way to share knowledge and meet people. FTF has the best group of members I know. Some of the other forums out there are full of arrogance (among other things)

I like it here, and plan on sticking around.

Winchester 100 .243; Marlin XS7 .308; Stevens 200 .223; Rossi 92 .45LC; Marlin 1894C .357M; Marlin 30AS .30-30; NEF Pardner Pump 12ga; Mossberg 500 Turkey 20ga; Winchester 1200 20ga; Savage Mark II F .22LR; Henry H001 .22LR; Marlin 60SB .22LR; Ruger 10/22 DSP .22LR; Browning SA-22 .22LR; Savage 93R17 GV .17HMR; Remington Genesis .50 cal ML; Ruger SR1911 .45ACP; Ruger Vaquero .45LC; Ruger Blackhawk .357M; Ruger SR9c 9mm; Ruger Single-Six .22LR; Browning Buck Mark Camper .22LR

Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #9

Some good responses! And a good question. I am terribly new, but have just enough knowledge about guns to know that I should be learning more rapidly. My main goal is to develop enough firearm knowlege, marksmanship, and tactics to have the right attitude about carrying concealed. I'm also making a transition from being in favor of some gun control in my younger years to adopting some of the fervor about supporting gun rights because guns don't kill, people kill kind of thing. I just got on a CW kick in the past few months and have been taking classes, reading, and such. I looked the site up because of a double feed issue and am at this time setting up a berm and some backstops to do some shooting on some acreage I have. I find the discussion to be helpful and often courteous. I too, as others have noted, have felt uncomfortable with the attitude expressed by some BMW owners in a BMW site that I found silly. So I hope this forum continues to satisfy...

Old 09-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #10

Liked 111 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Just the LOVE of GUNS and to hear what people have to say........