What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Slapping a revolver cyclinder closed.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #72
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
This is a good list. I would add brand snobs. There are a lot of people out there who say if you don't have a Leupold scope you have junk.
they are more or less lumped in with the gun snobs! they are closely related cousins in my book! the ones who say this brand or that brand is the best, period. okay. if that's the way they feel, fine. my firearm choices are not made simply by brand, but what works for it's intended purpose, and as i have said before, if a firearm doesn't function properly for me, or meet my expectations, then it's sold or traded for one that will, regardless of the brand marked on it. i have owned many firearms that others have scoffed at and had very good luck with them, so i say try it out before you condemn it.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

they are more or less lumped in with the gun snobs! they are closely related cousins in my book! the ones who say this brand or that brand is the best, period. okay. if that's the way they feel, fine. my firearm choices are not made simply by brand, but what works for it's intended purpose, and as i have said before, if a firearm doesn't function properly for me, or meet my expectations, then it's sold or traded for one that will, regardless of the brand marked on it. i have owned many firearms that others have scoffed at and had very good luck with them, so i say try it out before you condemn it.
But sometimes people are a little quick to call someone a gun snob. I have seen it time and again on this site where someone just got a new gun and then starts a thread asking what everyone thinks about it. As soon as someone says something bad about there new toy that person is called out for being a gun snob.
In my experience there are some manufacturers that have better track records than others. This does not mean that every gun they make is bad. It just means you might be taking a gamble wheb buying one.

Maybe instead of calling someone a gun snob you should ask them why they feel that way about that gun. Maybe they have some first hand experience with it.

Anyway biggest peeve is what I stated above.

Someone buys a gun without any research at all. Then gets on this site and asked "what do you all think of this gun" then gets all bent out of shape when people point out that it isn't as great of gun as that proud new owner thought it was. The time for questions is before you pay your hard earned money for it. Some members on here will not sugar coat thing and just tell you how it is. (But later are called gun snobs). I myself am vary grateful for those snobs, I have learned a ton from them.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #74
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7315 Times on 4399 Posts
Likes Given: 8971

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I could see why other women would question your motivation.
Haha.....good point. But it's the guys who look at me weird.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Haha.....good point. But it's the guys who look at me weird.
They are simply trying to remember if they have wronged you in the past and should be worried, nimble, and/or quick.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #76

Okay now you guys got me going. As I was reading through the threads I found another peeve.

When gun owners come up with nicknames for makes of guns (most of the time its new gun owners)

For example
Remmy- Remington
Mossy- mossberg
9 milli- 9 mil or 9 millimeter

It sounds like they are naming their fluffy little poodle.

"Come here remmy, good boy"

Last edited by cfraga1978; 02-29-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

^^^ But my Mossy is so old it could almost have moss growing on it (may have been problem with wood stock ).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
^^^ But my Mossy is so old it could almost have moss growing on it (may have been problem with wood stock ).
I guess if it truly has moss on it then I will try not to let it get to me when you call it mossy.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #79

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Mine is people that have a problem with calling a magazine a clip, you know what they are talking about. Banana Clip, Banana Magazine big did it holds rounds who cares in or out.
Also Bullet and Round, again you know what they are talking about.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator45
Mine is people that have a problem with calling a magazine a clip, you know what they are talking about. Banana Clip, Banana Magazine big did it holds rounds who cares in or out.
Also Bullet and Round, again you know what they are talking about.
Wait, now I am confused?? Do you put the bananas in the clip and then load them into to magazine or is it the other way? Or am I way off? We use chip clips in our house to keep the bag fresh. Does a banana clip work the same way?