Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #561
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4560 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 4701

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I hate it when people assume that just because your young, you know nothing about guns. WTF? What does age have to do with it?
I agree with that one, lets face it, the kids today know more about anything they are interested in than we adults can ever find out with our faces buried in old books. One of my young Technicians can Google on his IPhone faster than I can ask a question! Besides, with the wars or Youngest bravest have fought over the last 20 years, they actually have experience with stuff we never dreamed of shooting!

Life Experience is another subject altogether. The only way to get that is by aging, the only way to age is by trial and error without Catastrophic Failure. Were better off teaming young and old than grouping like ages together!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #562
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1083 Times on 534 Posts
Likes Given: 71

There is a guy I have shot with that looks down his nose and sneers at the ammo some use. He, only shoots self defense ammo. Glad he has that much money to throw around.

Most of us stay away from him.

I am joining a private outdoor range just to stay away from people like that.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #563
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6114 Times on 3704 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Luckily i am pretty handy around the house. Im a fully licensed master electrician. My wife and i have an agreement, i dont take any money out of savings for firearms or ammo. I save my scrap wire and cash it in or do small jobs after normal hours or on weekends to pay for my toys!! In this economy though people aren't spending money on their homes like they used to.
I have very few handyman type skills. And there's no man around this house to do any work like that for me.

Old 08-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #564

Liked 252 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
The newby fanboys.
"My first gun is a _____________. Therefore it the best gun ever made, and nothing you say will change that."

The scary older fellow who thinks that the RO is being a jerk when the RO asks him to quit sweeping everyone with his pistol.
I was definitely that guy when I first graced the range with my ignorance :/

RO like " You swept me twice now , I know it's unloaded but pay attention.

And my ignorant cave manish personality was thinking " Well why you keep walkin in front of me then "

But I'm proud to say I have since became a much more aware shooter at the range and am no longer the guy who flagrantly swings his weapon around lol

I think I was just not used to shooting around a lot of other people. Before I started shooting at ranges I pretty much just go find a couple acres of woods and shoot whatever was laying around.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #565

Liked 200 Times on 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrichthedragon
I went to a gun shop/pawn shop to get a .45. they showed me a hi point 45 wasn't but 2 bills so I got and was asking some questions and the lady at southern cash & pawn acted like she was getting frustrated with me. so I get some bullets and head to my range behind my house. rack the slide slowly and pulled the trigger. every round fired successfully until the second clip.
I racked the slide fast and pow round went off. I put the safety on and one minute later pow another round goes off with the safety on.
then it would shoot 3 rounds at a time. so I take it back and they gave me half of what I paid. said some **** bought past the return date but that wasn't what amazed me. as I was giving her the pistol she stated that they have had alot of problems with that pistol. wow. so til this day I shop at a gun store that has been pretty good to me. I never went back to southern cash & pawn.
Wow a HiPoint 45 is$139 NIB and if you were to have a problem they have the best warranty around and they usually ship you an extra mag just for the trouble

Old 08-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #566

Liked 559 Times on 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I have very few handyman type skills. And there's no man around this house to do any work like that for me.
Theres always youtube. Most stuff is very easy to do

Old 08-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #567
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4560 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 4701

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
OK Winds, Im jumping way off the topic for a second- If you can master stripping an AR, cleaning it, assembling and firing it accurately, you can learn to build! My Mom was a Widow with 3 young kids and a 150 year old Greek Revival in serious need of Revival. She was a tough Dutch Bird even when she got old. Me and my sisters learned with my Mom how to tear out Plaster and Lath, Sheetrock, Mud and finish 3 rooms at a time, every summer.

She passed only 8 months ago but shes my greatest Mentor ever. You can do it, it took me years to learn enough to build a house but fixin is just a bunch of small steps that lead to many a rewarding and glorious sit back, drink a few beers and admire your handiwork moments!

Just do it!

Old 08-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #568
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6114 Times on 3704 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
OK Winds, Im jumping way off the topic for a second- If you can master stripping an AR, cleaning it, assembling and firing it accurately, you can learn to build! My Mom was a Widow with 3 young kids and a 150 year old Greek Revival in serious need of Revival. She was a tough Dutch Bird even when she got old. Me and my sisters learned with my Mom how to tear out Plaster and Lath, Sheetrock, Mud and finish 3 rooms at a time, every summer.

She passed only 8 months ago but shes my greatest Mentor ever. You can do it, it took me years to learn enough to build a house but fixin is just a bunch of small steps that lead to many a rewarding and glorious sit back, drink a few beers and admire your handiwork moments!

Just do it!
Hahaha...........I don't have an AR......

Usually I am handicapped with doing my own work around the house by lack of the proper tools.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Hahaha...........I don't have an AR......
Well theres your first problem!!!! Get one, they are too fun.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #570

This isnt an owner peeve but ....... i bought an elite survival systems iwb holster for my lc9 and i tried to move the metal clip to the opposite side thats its on. That clip is so hard to get out that i sliced my damn trigger finger ......... sucks