What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve? - Page 56
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #551
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I hate it when people assume that just because your young, you know nothing about guns. WTF? What does age have to do with it?
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #552
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
I hate it when people assume that just because your young, you know nothing about guns. WTF? What does age have to do with it?
I get that alot. Im 26 but ive won many tournaments. All the older guys like to bust my ass for choice in guns/calibers
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #553
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10208 Times on 6091 Posts
Likes Given: 14662

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I find that interesting, too. I am 'older' but I think the younger folks have a lot of knowledge I don't have............about guns, computers amongst other things. I definitely have more life experience and 'street smarts' than they do but most of them have me beat on other things.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #554

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I find that interesting, too. I am 'older' but I think the younger folks have a lot of knowledge I don't have............about guns, computers amongst other things. I definitely have more life experience and 'street smarts' than they do but most of them have me beat on other things.
Exactly right =)

Quote:
Everyone you will ever meet knows something you donít know
Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Old 08-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #555

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Id have to say one of my biggest peeves is the guys that dont sight their guns in for hunting till lunch time on opening day, usually at a paper plate on public hunting lands. Thats if they bother sighting it at all/ever since they bought it.

Road hunters.....
The one that says "my granfather has a double barrel that will knock you down!"
"I was hitting the bullseye everytime last time....." hitting nothing but the target frames
The assclowns that staple targets to the posts for the target frames, or set a can or bottle on top of it. Nothing more fun then setting up frames for a match and finding posts blown to pieces that have to be fixed.

Badshot

Old 08-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #556
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I am in my late 40's and frequently defer to my teenage boys for information, I always do this in the company of people older than I am. It builds their character and confidence. Not only that but they do happen to know as much as I do because I taught them everything I know, and they have built upon that.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-12-2012, 03:19 AM   #557

Liked 563 Times on 371 Posts

Ive got a friend who i shoot with. Hes not married, has no children and rents an apartment with his girlfriend. Im married, we have a four year old little girl, and own a house. My friend thinks that since i make more money than him i can afford to buy a new gun every time we go to a gun shop. Last week he pointed to the bi pod on his ar15 and said "thats a 200$ bipod". I just ordered a 20$ bipod off of amazon and he gave me crap for it ...... 200$ for a bipod so i can plink ....... no thanks. He also doesnt understand why i cant drop what im doing on a weekend to go shoot as much as id like to. Thats one of my peeves but this thread sure is funny
People Like This 
Old 08-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #558
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10208 Times on 6091 Posts
Likes Given: 14662

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Ive got a friend who i shoot with. Hes not married, has no children and rents an apartment with his girlfriend. Im married, we have a four year old little girl, and own a house. My friend thinks that since i make more money than him i can afford to buy a new gun every time we go to a gun shop. Last week he pointed to the bi pod on his ar15 and said "thats a 200$ bipod". I just ordered a 20$ bipod off of amazon and he gave me crap for it ...... 200$ for a bipod so i can plink ....... no thanks. He also doesnt understand why i cant drop what im doing on a weekend to go shoot as much as id like to. Thats one of my peeves but this thread sure is funny
Hahaha..........nothing has drained the money 'life blood' out of me more than my house. I have sometimes thought of selling the place, renting something and letting someone else pay for all the maintenance and repair on the home I'm living in.

I won't sell it............just yet......but it's not been easy being a home owner. Especially when you don't know how to do any of the repairs and upkeep yourself. This place will be paid off in less than a year. I'm looking forward to a little more financial freedom then.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #559

Liked 128 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Guys who use the terms assault weapon, weapon, or tactical to refer to a black gun.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 08-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #560

Liked 563 Times on 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Hahaha..........nothing has drained the money 'life blood' out of me more than my house. I have sometimes thought of selling the place, renting something and letting someone else pay for all the maintenance and repair on the home I'm living in.

I won't sell it............just yet......but it's not been easy being a home owner. Especially when you don't know how to do any of the repairs and upkeep yourself. This place will be paid off in less than a year. I'm looking forward to a little more financial freedom then.
Luckily i am pretty handy around the house. Im a fully licensed master electrician. My wife and i have an agreement, i dont take any money out of savings for firearms or ammo. I save my scrap wire and cash it in or do small jobs after normal hours or on weekends to pay for my toys!! In this economy though people aren't spending money on their homes like they used to.