What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve? - Page 53
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #521
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 18

my biggest pet peeve are the gun nazis who freakout everytime someone calls a magazine a clip. Apparently they dont realize words have more than one meaning. i am in the marine corps and still occasionally call a magazine a clip. according to their thinking if i call someone a douchebag thats wrong because a douchebag is a female hygiene product not a negative description of someone. Lets consult websters dictionary on this one shall we: look at "clip" noun http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip. if websters dictionary says something means something then im pretty sure it does. but hey if you freak out on someone and insult their intelligence then thats on you. (im sure someone will bring up my grammar or spelling and not using apostrophes)

Old 03-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #522

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnovice09
my biggest pet peeve are the gun nazis who freakout everytime someone calls a magazine a clip. Apparently they dont realize words have more than one meaning. i am in the marine corps and still occasionally call a magazine a clip. according to their thinking if i call someone a douchebag thats wrong because a douchebag is a female hygiene product not a negative description of someone. Lets consult websters dictionary on this one shall we: look at "clip" noun http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip. if websters dictionary says something means something then im pretty sure it does. but hey if you freak out on someone and insult their intelligence then thats on you. (im sure someone will bring up my grammar or spelling and not using apostrophes)
Ya i used to get in alot of trouble for that also Semper Fi brother

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #523
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8265 Times on 4776 Posts
Likes Given: 10681

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnovice09 View Post
Very well put. Even if you are adamant about the clip/magazine thing you can make your point much better if you do so politely and using logic.

The best explanation I have heard is that clips feed magazines and magazines feed firearms. This even works with the M1 Garand because the enbloc clips feed the rifle magazine (which is fixed in the rifle). Not all magazines are removable from the firearm.

Now can't we all just get along?
Old 03-30-2012, 04:21 AM   #524

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I don't mind paying a premium price for a good quality gun but when it's time to sell or trade to a gun store/range, they really rip you off. I understand that it's a business but they are totally ridiculous! That is my only real pet peeve.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #525

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

that's with everything at pawn or gun shops. they know you really don't want it so they act like it isn't worth nothing

Old 03-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #526
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8265 Times on 4776 Posts
Likes Given: 10681

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2344 View Post
I don't mind paying a premium price for a good quality gun but when it's time to sell or trade to a gun store/range, they really rip you off. I understand that it's a business but they are totally ridiculous! That is my only real pet peeve.
I went into a couple of LGS's with four long guns asking them what I could reasonably expect to sell them for. The first store owner ( The Gun Vault in Mountain View CA) said he would buy them all for $1500. I walked out. At Kerley's in Cupertino the owner (Harry) said I could probably sell them for $2500 or more, he offered that I could put them on consignment or he would buy them but I would not make as much on the sale. He also offered to buy one of the cases I had them in for a very fair price (if it was for sale).

Gun stores are in the business to make money. In my example the first gun store was out to fleece me. Kerley's on the other hand has gotten my attention. I bought a gun there the other day because of my visits there and I will buy some more guns there in the future. They have a nice selection. They seem to understand that some hillbilly walking in the door might not just be looking to fence some stolen firearms (I think that's what the Gun Vault owner thought) but they might get some future customer loyalty out of the deal. MMMMM Maybe they were profiling.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #527

I went to a gun shop/pawn shop to get a .45. they showed me a hi point 45 wasn't but 2 bills so I got and was asking some questions and the lady at southern cash & pawn acted like she was getting frustrated with me. so I get some bullets and head to my range behind my house. rack the slide slowly and pulled the trigger. every round fired successfully until the second clip.
I racked the slide fast and pow round went off. I put the safety on and one minute later pow another round goes off with the safety on.
then it would shoot 3 rounds at a time. so I take it back and they gave me half of what I paid. said some **** bought past the return date but that wasn't what amazed me. as I was giving her the pistol she stated that they have had alot of problems with that pistol. wow. so til this day I shop at a gun store that has been pretty good to me. I never went back to southern cash & pawn.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #528

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrichthedragon
I went to a gun shop/pawn shop to get a .45. they showed me a hi point 45 wasn't but 2 bills so I got and was asking some questions and the lady at southern cash & pawn acted like she was getting frustrated with me. so I get some bullets and head to my range behind my house. rack the slide slowly and pulled the trigger. every round fired successfully until the second clip.
I racked the slide fast and pow round went off. I put the safety on and one minute later pow another round goes off with the safety on.
then it would shoot 3 rounds at a time. so I take it back and they gave me half of what I paid. said some **** bought past the return date but that wasn't what amazed me. as I was giving her the pistol she stated that they have had alot of problems with that pistol. wow. so til this day I shop at a gun store that has been pretty good to me. I never went back to southern cash & pawn.
You paid $200 for a used hi point? That's more than they are new, is it not?

Old 03-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #529

no it was nib

Old 03-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #530

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrichthedragon
no it was nib
Send it to hi point. Life time warrenty