Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #491
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Enough people got bothered enough by discourteous driving that they demanded laws to make people drive more uniformly. I don't want laws telling me how to shoot my pistols. Of course, this is probably why i don't frequent ranges.

(not saying you do want such laws BT)
Shooting range rules and laws are two entirely different things. You can choose whether or not you use the shooting range and follow their rules. I was talking about common courtesy and consideration for others, not laws that try to force someone to do something.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #492
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
Shooting range rules and laws are two entirely different things. You can choose whether or not you use the shooting range and follow their rules.
Couldn't the same be said of traffic regulations? A person could choose not to drive and ride a bus instead.

I understood you to be discussing only commonly-expected courtesy, not laws. I just wanted to point out that irritating flaws in other's actions progress from complaints to rules to laws in many instances in human history. Do you remember when people just complained that people should make their kids sit still in their seats while riding in the car? I'm sure there were some families who made "family travel rules" that required the kids to buckle-up or sit still. Now we have seatbelt laws and child safety seat requirements that are enforced as laws. Remember when people complained about some restaurants being overly smokey? Some restaurants made rules against smoking there or in parts of their dining rooms. Now we have laws against smoking in many restaurants. I imagine most of our basic regulations for automotive traffic evolved in a similar fashion (with the exception of some laws driven by the lobbying of special interest groups like MADD).

Let's all agree to complain about moronic legislators more; maybe somebody will make a rule against them and then perhaps a law.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #493

Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Couldn't the same be said of traffic regulations? A person could choose not to drive and ride a bus instead.

I understood you to be discussing only commonly-expected courtesy, not laws. I just wanted to point out that irritating flaws in other's actions progress from complaints to rules to laws in many instances in human history. Do you remember when people just complained that people should make their kids sit still in their seats while riding in the car? I'm sure there were some families who made "family travel rules" that required the kids to buckle-up or sit still. Now we have seatbelt laws and child safety seat requirements that are enforced as laws. Remember when people complained about some restaurants being overly smokey? Some restaurants made rules against smoking there or in parts of their dining rooms. Now we have laws against smoking in many restaurants. I imagine most of our basic regulations for automotive traffic evolved in a similar fashion (with the exception of some laws driven by the lobbying of special interest groups like MADD).

Let's all agree to complain about moronic legislators more; maybe somebody will make a rule against them and then perhaps a law.
I am with you on that. I wholeheartedly agree that some unnecessary and intrusive laws are being created by some moronic legislators. I am concerned that one of these moronic legislators here will try to do something to restrict target shooting because of all the trash being left on public lands.

I can see where some shooters would get a bit irritated by someone who tries to tell them how to shoot. I recently had to deal with a guy who acted like he owned the range. He started in on me how the rules say you have to wear eye protection. I was wearing my sun glasses around my neck at the time and said, "These will be just fine". He tried to tell me I had to wear regular shooting glasses. I asked if if he was a range official and of course he wasn't. He was walking back and forth watching people shoot and trying to act important. We let him know his concern was not necessary.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #494
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1611 Times on 841 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Wow! 50 pages of gun owner peeves!

I haven’t read them all. I only went through the first 10 pages so this may have already been mentioned by somebody. I’d say my biggest peeve is gun owners with children who don’t secure their firearms.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #495

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Closed minded people who think Black brown are the only colors that should be allowed on gun.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #496
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7733 Times on 4465 Posts
Likes Given: 9979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Wow! 50 pages of gun owner peeves!

I haven’t read them all. I only went through the first 10 pages so this may have already been mentioned by somebody. I’d say my biggest peeve is gun owners with children who don’t secure their firearms.
My children secure their firearms. You got a problem with that?????

Old 03-27-2012, 01:02 AM   #497
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1611 Times on 841 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
My children secure their firearms. You got a problem with that?????
No! I specifically stated, " . . children who DON"T secure their fire arms."

(I'm not even going to get into gun owners who don't secure their children.)

Last edited by Vincine; 03-27-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #498
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6744 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
No! I specifically stated, " . . children who DON"T secure their fire arms."

(I'm not even going to get into gun owners who don't secure their children.)
It was a play on words. Maybe better stated as "Gun owners who do not secure their firearms and have children in the house." vs. "Gun owners with children who don't secure their firearms." It was a joke.......a play on words.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #499
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7733 Times on 4465 Posts
Likes Given: 9979

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
It was a play on words. Maybe better stated as "Gun owners who do not secure their firearms and have children in the house." vs. "Gun owners with children who don't secure their firearms." It was a joke.......a play on words.
Like she said.

Besides, my children have had their own safe in their bedroom for several years. They have been locking up their BB guns and such in it. The law here says you have to keep firearms locked up. It doesn't say that your kids can't know the combination.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:56 AM   #500

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

When people call guns like the AR or AK an "assault weapon". Or when people ask "is that legal?"

I hate that.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk