What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #31
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2160 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 12094

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I have always found women with guns as just plain SEXY!!!!. My .02.
Couldn't agree more!

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #32

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
I have a few that bother me, but one of the main ones is everyone who call them "WEAPONS". In this political climate, that is the worst thing you can call them and probably 95% of you do it on this forum. I know, I've complained about it before and have been bashed for it. Guns are tools just like anything else you put in your hand and they are at times used as weapons. Let's call them what they are when we talk about them, such as GUNS, FIREARMS, PISTOLS, REVOLVERS, RIFLES, SHOTGUNS, SEMI-AUTO RIFLES and not ASSAULT WEAPONS. When you (us,we) talk to people, especially non-shooters or newbe's about firearms, please do not use the term "WEAPON", it starts the conversation out on a bad note in their minds, given what has been pounded into their heads in years past by the anti's.

Jim.....................
I'm guilty of this. It's a military thing. Try calling your issue rifle anything but "your weapon" in boot camp. Guarantee you'll max push ups on your final PT test.

I do see your point however and will work on that.

My peeve is noobs who call any black rifle an assault weapon. No one used this term before Clinton's push for and passage of the 1994 Crime Bill.

There sporting rifles people, not assault weapons unless you've got the tax stamp and very DEEP pockets.

Tack

Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #33

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139 View Post
The self Proclaimed experts who will stand and give you instructions on how to shoot even though your hitting the target just fine.
That reminds me of one time when some family, friends and I were at the pistol range shooting.
There were a few girls there and one of them was a Ohio National Guard Army Reservist, (I think that is the proper designation.) Anyway, she knew quite well how to fire the pistol, and was leaps and bounds beyond the 5 guys telling her how it was done.

Most people don't get on my nerves unless they are unsafe or contribute to a possible unsafe situation.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #34

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Basically every thing that has been said here and those that say a .22 isn't a real gun. No one on here has said it, but some other gun owners I've talked to seem to believe if it doesn't kick like a mule you're not shooting a real gun. It really includes the people who think that the bigger the caliber, the better. I'll go on shooting thousands of rounds of .22 ammo and not break the bank while you're getting a second mortgage on your house so you can afford to short your big and bad .50.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #35

Liked 458 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

the guy whos gun is the end all be all bacause hes never owned anythimg else,also if your gun didnt require a bank loan to buy then its not a good gun.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #36

Liked 335 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I'd have to agree with most peoples posts. The guy that has the best because it's what he owns are really annoying. They come in every hobby, not just guns. Bass boat guys, car guys, skiers etc. I think we all agree that the unsafe people are tops on the list. Also the camo clad, open carry "gun advocate" guy annoys me, they really are not an ambassador for the gun owning community and do more harm to our image than they realize.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
The jerks that used to be your hunting buddy until you took him to one of your honey holes, and next time you went there he was there with all his dickhead friends.
I was gonna say the same about you....

Old 02-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #38

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter84

I was gonna say the same about you....
Come on now, you don't go anywhere out there without me!!

Old 02-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #39

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram

Well I agree on most of these except calling a gun a weapon. Being military we call them weapons, or firearms. Guns are mounted on the navy's ships.
Well I understand what you mean but I think a "weapon" can be a lot more than a gun, it could be a ball bat, a stick, knives, or heck even a fist could be a weapon. I feel like saying weapon gives it a negative connotation. I just prefer saying firearm instead of Weapon but it's just my opinion.
"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #40

Liked 458 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139 View Post
Well I understand what you mean but I think a "weapon" can be a lot more than a gun, it could be a ball bat, a stick, knives, or heck even a fist could be a weapon. I feel like saying weapon gives it a negative connotation. I just prefer saying firearm instead of Weapon but it's just my opinion.
i agree..... it is a firearm or a knife or a baseball bat until it is used as a "weapon"amy instrument used for fighting or attackor defense..