What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Waving a gun around.
Being an idiot within 100 yards of a gun.
being an azzhole with the gun.
Saying that your gun is better then mine (I wouldn't ever say it, neither should they) AKA gun snobs
Trying to be gangsta with it.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

^^^
All of the above and, people who leave fingers on triggers.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #23

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

The mall tacticool ninja's that have the entire Blackhawk catalog on them or their weapon when they go to range, that like to try to swap stories with you, telling you of the days of SF or Delta, and knowing that they were only a paper pusher. Oh and the persons who go to the range and have an excuse for not being able to shoot, IE the wind blew the target, sun in eyes, weapon sites must be off ect.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
That there's not enough of them...
That and the sumbitches that are hogging all the Ruger Old Army's somewhere out there. {shakes fist angrily} You may be smarter than me, you might be better looking than me, you are obviously armed with a better percussion cap revolver than me, you are probably a better planner than me, but i am slowly pickling myself to be able to outlast you and have that ROA from your cold dead hand (or the hand of your kid at your estate sale).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

•The self Proclaimed experts who will stand and give you instructions on how to shoot even though your hitting the target just fine.
• The guy who stands all day and talks about the great shots he's made and why he's the best marksmen around, even though he isn't willing to step up to the line against anyone because he hurt his wrist or hand. (generally the same guy as the self proclaimed expert)
• The gun snobs who think it has to be custom made and cost more than the average person makes in a year to be worth a crap!
• Calling a gun a "weapon"
• The term assault rifle
• When someone picks up a firearm and the first thing they do is put there finger on the trigger instead of outside the trigger guard.

I could think of plenty more but my hands are tired of typing haha.

"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 02-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #26
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7011 Times on 4218 Posts
Likes Given: 8439

I share many of the grievances listed above. I have a pet peeve of my own, though. People who think it's weird that a single woman would be interested in guns. You don't have to have a man in your life or be a man to like shooting guns.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #27

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I call them the yahoos, and they are definitely my biggest pet peeve. Guys who sling the barrels of their guns around like the end of a garden hose. Folks who think since they showed up at the range with more guns than you did that they now own the place. The only smart thing to do when they show up is leave.

Further down the annoyance factor are the experts who have read two or three lines about every gun ever made, probably on Wikipedia, might have shot a .22 or a 9mm, and are the authority.

And finally gangstas and wannabes with the sideways 9's and Saturday night specials. Don't know if you can call them "owners", but they should be taken out behind the courthouse, given time to make amends with their creator, then dispatched post haste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I share many of the grievances listed above. I have a pet peeve of my own, though. People who think it's weird that a single woman would be interested in guns. You don't have to have a man in your life or be a man to like shooting guns.
I have always found women with guns as just plain SEXY!!!!. My .02.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
i have always found women with guns as just plain sexy!!!!. My .02.
+1,000,000 I couldn't agree more.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #29

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139 View Post
•The self Proclaimed experts who will stand and give you instructions on how to shoot even though your hitting the target just fine.
• The guy who stands all day and talks about the great shots he's made and why he's the best marksmen around, even though he isn't willing to step up to the line against anyone because he hurt his wrist or hand. (generally the same guy as the self proclaimed expert)
• The gun snobs who think it has to be custom made and cost more than the average person makes in a year to be worth a crap!
• Calling a gun a "weapon"
• The term assault rifle
• When someone picks up a firearm and the first thing they do is put there finger on the trigger instead of outside the trigger guard.

I could think of plenty more but my hands are tired of typing haha.
Well I agree on most of these except calling a gun a weapon. Being military we call them weapons, or firearms. Guns are mounted on the navy's ships.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #30
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1552 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 7926

All of the above and people who send their guns of to others to have them cleaned or serviced because they are too lazy to learn how to do it themselves. I have found, in my experience, that in most cases they are the know it alls and gun snobs most of the time.

Gun owners who get into shouting matches with the antis. Why do you feel it is necessary to give them more ammo to use against us? Why stoop to their level, when a simple "I respect your opinion, and choose to respectfully disagree with you" delived CALMLY would present a much better image of gun owners to those who are undecided?

Gun owners who will label a person as an anti when they disagree on one small point that the other person agrees with. IE, joining the NRA, safe storage laws, liability issues, etc. We are both on the same side, and want the same thing, for the 2A rights of ALL American's to not be taken away or messed with. Agree to disagree and move on. You are both fighting for the same right, so please try to be civil about it.

The list is much longer than this, but those are my top 3. I was once guilty of the no slugs through full chokes thing, bit it was a case of GIGO. I have been reeducated since on this point since. My appolgies. Please don't beat me!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?