What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

all of the above!

But above all has to be the "sweepers"...then when you call them out (remind them of the first rule of firearm safety) they laugh it off.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Last edited by fmj; 02-28-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #12

Liked 45 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I think my biggest gun-related irritant is the attitude some people have when they have a gun in their possession. By far most of the gun owners I have known, met and interacted with are responsible people and have respect for others. There are some people out there who are not very responsible and give gun owners a bad name. They seem to get a false sense of courage and bravado when they are in possession of a gun. They sometimes wave they guns around and try to impress others. I have heard it said that some guys use the vehicle they drive as an extension of their penis. I think some guys do this with guns. Some of them act real macho with their guns. Some guys think wearing camouflage makes them look real tough. Some of them end up letting their mouths write checks that the rest of them can't cash. Once in a while one of these clowns is doing something stupid and someone is injured or killed and many lives are affected. Being at the shooting range with these types around is not much fun. I had one of these guys, a young skinny, scrawny kid with an SKS make fun of my Model 94 while trying to tell me how good he could shoot. I pointed at some objects about 100 yards away and challenged him to a contest to see who could hit them first. He had the 30-round magazine modification and he just started spraying lead in the direction of the target, not even coming close, and I hit it with the first shot. The guys with him started laughing and even asked if they could shoot my 94. Guys like the ones I described represent a minority of gun owners, but they still give us a bad name in the eyes of a lot of people.
Brother1962 Likes This 
Old 02-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #13

Liked 45 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
The jerks that used to be your hunting buddy until you took him to one of your honey holes, and next time you went there he was there with all his dickhead friends.
Oh yeah, for sure. I have heard this story from lots of people. I knew of a guy who used to ask to go hunting with people just so he could find their hunting spots and go back there with his friends. We kind of set him up. Before the hunting season opened we took him to a place that we knew was no good for hunting, and it was a long drive away. It was also right on the border with an area that was not open for hunting. Sure enough, he went back there with a bunch of his friends and I bet you can guess what happened. His friends were not very happy and they blamed him for the bad experience.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

The logic behind gun laws.

That by passing laws to restrict firearms you are going to have them apply to people who don't follow them anyways.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #15

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2041

I cringe when I see someone pick up a weapon and not check it to make sure its clear . I always drop the mag and check for a clear chamber and even if someone hands me a weapon and has already checked it clear I still do it myself, its a habit . Safety before anything for me .
I dont mind the brand snobs and know it alls , I have come to the conclusion they will always be there wether they are your friends or not , I just shake my heard and let them keep on talking , I give them the right to their opinion wether I like it or not , I dont have th time of day to argue with someone about what they think is right, wrong or the best , I just take into consideration that it must be best for them if they say it is

Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #16

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

One thing that makes me shake my head is these guys that dont have any damn common sense but yet they are self proclaimed firearms experts because they watch alot of action movies. Then they make videos of themselves "teaching" firearms proficiency and put them on youtube as the gospel. Then during one of the videos the dumbass shoots himself in the thigh while trying to clear leather

Some peoples children :-\

Old 02-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #17

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Guys who sling the barrels of their guns around like the end of a garden hose.
Ha so you have been to the Princeton range!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
And finally gangstas and wannabes with the sideways 9's and Saturday night specials. Don't know if you can call them "owners", but they should be taken out behind the courthouse, given time to make amends with their creator, then dispatched post haste.
You sir hit the nail on the head! I can't stand them as well!

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:52 PM   #18

Liked 92 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I have a few that bother me, but one of the main ones is everyone who call them "WEAPONS". In this political climate, that is the worst thing you can call them and probably 95% of you do it on this forum. I know, I've complained about it before and have been bashed for it. Guns are tools just like anything else you put in your hand and they are at times used as weapons. Let's call them what they are when we talk about them, such as GUNS, FIREARMS, PISTOLS, REVOLVERS, RIFLES, SHOTGUNS, SEMI-AUTO RIFLES and not ASSAULT WEAPONS. When you (us,we) talk to people, especially non-shooters or newbe's about firearms, please do not use the term "WEAPON", it starts the conversation out on a bad note in their minds, given what has been pounded into their heads in years past by the anti's.

Jim.....................

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks

Old 02-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #19

Liked 186 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I have a pretty long list, but I'll just name a few
*when they pick up a gun and don't check it
*gun snobs
*guys that don't watch where they're pointing there gun
*know it all (I'm talking about guys that when you show your guns they have to tell you everything about them that you already know, it almost takes a nuke to get them to shut up)
*machine gunners (I'm talking about the guys that have a semi auto and just fire every round they have as fast as possible) me wearing hearing protection is rare...
*the ones that don't listen

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 02-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Ha so you have been to the Princeton range!
I drive up, peek around the bushes and make sure everyone there knows which end of the barrel the bullet comes out of. Then I'll slowly pull into the parking lot hoping that some group doesn't slug a 6 pack of Red Bull and decide to reenact the storming of Iwo Jima.

Once the DNR started posting range officers on a more regular basis, it improved a great deal. When he's not there, however, it can be pretty hairy.

A membership at Milan RC does have its benefits.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 02-28-2012 at 06:51 PM.