What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve? - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

im going to stray a bit my biggest pet peeve is when someone just sets there rifle handgun(guns period) whatever down and they dont put it back in the case.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #112
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
It was probably the bayonet that did it.

I don't know of any pictures of me on the interwebs. I have had discussions with my shutterbug relatives about this in the past; if they want to shoot the Christmas party pictures, then they need to be sure to post only those that show themselves.
I'm with you on that. If anybody brings out a camera when my boys are around they instantly disappear. Just the way we roll. Then again they don't have FB accounts either, so there you go.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #113

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I'm with you on that. If anybody brings out a camera when my boys are around they instantly disappear. Just the way we roll. Then again they don't have FB accounts either, so there you go.
I don't usually mind having my pic posted on facebook, guns are a different story. I have only posted 1 pic of any of my guns, and it was an old shotgun that isn't worth much even in good condition. The rest of my guns stay off the interweb.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
The logic behind gun laws.

That by passing laws to restrict firearms you are going to have them apply to people who don't follow them anyways.
I find it annoying that every time I buy a gun at the same gun store they have to ask me all of those same inane questions, not to mention that I have to get a Handgun Safety Certificate every 5 years to be able to purchase a handgun in this state. I understand the background check and I am willing to accept that, but really? The ten day waiting period when I already own a gun (or two)? What useful purpose does that serve after the background check? Like anybody who already owns a gun or two is going to go through the trouble to purchase a new one so they can shoot themselves, rob a store or shoot somebody else. It just boggles the mind.

I wish it was as simple as "Any changes since the last time you bought a gun here? And you still own that same gun safe that you signed an affidavit for umpteen years ago?" (Yeah, like that would ever happen.)

On another pet peeve, is it OK to call them "mags" instead of "magazines"? I mean I am a civilian, never served in the military (medical reasons) or worked in law enforcement. Can I get a pass on that one? No disrespect meant at all, I am just showing my ignorance.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I don't usually mind having my pic posted on facebook, guns are a different story. I have only posted 1 pic of any of my guns, and it was an old shotgun that isn't worth much even in good condition. The rest of my guns stay off the interweb.
I don't think I have posted pics of any guns I own. I have sent emails with detail photos showing a friend a thing or two about a specific gun (like how a cross-bar safety works), but nothing with anybody in it.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #116

Quote:
I find it annoying that every time I buy a gun at the same gun store they have to ask me all of those same inane questions, not to mention that I have to get a Handgun Safety Certificate every 5 years to be able to purchase a handgun in this state. I understand the background check and I am willing to accept that, but really? The ten day waiting period when I already own a gun (or two)? What useful purpose does that serve after the background check? Like anybody who already owns a gun or two is going to go through the trouble to purchase a new one so they can shoot themselves, rob a store or shoot somebody else. It just boggles the mind.

I wish it was as simple as "Any changes since the last time you bought a gun here? And you still own that same gun safe that you signed an affidavit for umpteen years ago?" (Yeah, like that would ever happen.)

On another pet peeve, is it OK to call them "mags" instead of "magazines"? I mean I am a civilian, never served in the military (medical reasons) or worked in law enforcement. Can I get a pass on that one? No disrespect meant at all, I am just showing my ignorance.
I am guilty of calling them mags. To me, it's not really igorance, it's not wanting to take the time to say magazine.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I am guilty of calling them mags. To me, it's not really igorance, it's not wanting to take the time to say magazine.
So you are calling me lazy, is that it?

Old 03-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #118

Quote:
So you are calling me lazy, is that it?
I perfer the term "time efficient".

Old 03-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

I think mags or magazine are okay. Its when people call it a clip that we have problems. Mag is just short for magazine. A clip is in no way the same thing as a magazine.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #120

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraga1978

I think mags or magazine are okay. Its when people call it a clip that we have problems. Mag is just short for magazine. A clip is in no way the same thing as a magazine.
What he said :-)

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis