What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
ALL OF THE ABOVE!!

Specially the guys who think AR stands for Assault Rifle,

And the guys who's ENTIRE knowledge tree was Grown by the Hollywood yahoos who have never made a single movie without a firearm mistake.

Though ACT OF VALOR came close!
You are so right about this. I think we have all come across at least one person who thought they were a firearms expert because of the many movies they had seen. This is just like the guy who thinks he is a personal combat or martial arts expert because of the movies. What do you suppose might happen if one of these guys got into a fight?

Old 03-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #92
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 850 Times on 534 Posts
Likes Given: 4461

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
You are so right about this. I think we have all come across at least one person who thought they were a firearms expert because of the many movies they had seen. This is just like the guy who thinks he is a personal combat or martial arts expert because of the movies. What do you suppose might happen if one of these guys got into a fight?
So...

I couldn't Captain a Starship even though I've seen all of the Star Trek movies and tv shows??

Bummer....

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Last edited by Mason609; 03-01-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: forgot to add something..

Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #93

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop
one to add that I saw this morning in a news story: Whenever some gun-hating liberal reporter will refer to something as "police grade" or "weapons grade". For example "Police grade pistols" ... she was referring to a Glock

"Weapons Grade" she was referring to pepper spray.

They're all manufactured terms to scare the uninformed around us into believing guns are evil and must go.
Oh my, it drives me crazy when I here the ridiculous terminology the Anti Gun Media use! My wife laughs at me whenever a news story comes on and they start using that kinda lingo and I start arguing with the TV out loud... haha!
I wish the NRA had an evening news program so we could get real news without the propaganda of the Anti Gun Media!
"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 03-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139

Oh my, it drives me crazy when I here the ridiculous terminology the Anti Gun Media use! My wife laughs at me whenever a news story comes on and they start using that kinda lingo and I start arguing with the TV out loud... haha!
I wish the NRA had an evening news program so we could get real news without the propaganda of the Anti Gun Media!
I just watched one the other night on the news. It was a drug bust and they said they found some "assault riffles and some military type sniper riffles" then they showed a video of the guns layed out on the bed. There was a couple 10/22's and two deer riffles with scopes. They even zoomed in on the 10/22's and said they were automatic assault rifles.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #95
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9543 Times on 4105 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Quote:
I couldn't Captain a Starship even though I've seen all of the Star Trek movies and tv shows??
No, but if you watched all of the episodes of "The Love Boat" or "Gilligan's Island", you can get a job with an Italian cruise line......

1-14-12-italian-cruise-ship-sinking_full_600.jpg

Remember watching Rambo fire an M72 LAW while inside of a Huey- through the windshield of the Huey.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
No, but if you watched all of the episodes of "The Love Boat" or "Gilligan's Island", you can get a job with an Italian cruise line......

Attachment 40385

Remember watching Rambo fire an M72 LAW while inside of a Huey- through the windshield of the Huey.
Actually, I have seen all of the Love Boat and Gilligan's Islands shows (very little social life when I was younger...). But, watch the Italian cracks... those are my retards you are making fun of.. (j/k, I make fun of them, too...so, go for it).

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #97

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Yeah and now the same company has another ship that is a sitting duck with no engine power. I definitely wouldn't book them!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Yeah and now the same company has another ship that is a sitting duck with no engine power. I definitely wouldn't book them!
Honestly, anything Italian other than firearms, cars, women, food and wine should be avoided.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #99

id have to say my peeve is other gun owners.

my good friend just bought a new shotgun, so what does he do? he puts on is bandoleer, slings his rifle, puts his knife on his belt, holds his shotgun and gets a picture taken of him, that puts up as his profile picture on facebook.

i...i just...he...*facepalm*

Old 03-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #100
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2336 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliferrum View Post
id have to say my peeve is other gun owners.

my good friend just bought a new shotgun, so what does he do? he puts on is bandoleer, slings his rifle, puts his knife on his belt, holds his shotgun and gets a picture taken of him, that puts up as his profile picture on facebook.

i...i just...he...*facepalm*
I don't think I've ever taken a picture of me holding my guns. And I'm not going to talk about it on Facebook. Talk about making your house a burglary target...
711162-627412_picard_no_facepalm_1__super_super.jpg  

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA