What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default What is your biggest GUN OWNER pet peeve?

More than anything else, what truthfully gets under your skin on the topic of firearms more than anything else?

Me, personally, it's the know-it-all kind of person. The guy who buys his first shotgun, and is instantly an expert...and tells you so every time you're around him.

Or the materialistic gun owner. The guy who thinks monetary value is the end all when determining "cool factor", worth, or capability.

CORRECTION - Gun OWNER pet peeves. Thank you for pointing that out, C3 =) (if you don't mind, you could add that to the title)44

Last edited by canebrake; 02-28-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: TTTP
Brother1962 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8686 Times on 3760 Posts
Likes Given: 1334

Not too many gun peeves. Now, gun OWNER peeves, that is another matter...

First is the "gun snob". If your shotgun did not cost an amount equal to the annual budget for a small town, it cannot POSSIBLE break a clay pigeon or drop a dove. Drives them nuts when I am breaking doubles with a Baker Batavia or Savage. Popping doves with a Flite King can send them into a tizzy.

Second is the 'everbody knows" guy. I mean, everybody knows you can't fire a slug from a full choke barrel, the AK47 can use M16 ammo, and taking one part out of an AR makes it full auto.

Last is the Ranger/Beret/Seal/Sniper/Recondo/Commando who was really an assassin for the CIA (Funny- don't remember seeing him at the potluck dinner we had)

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 02-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 226 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 455

Those folks who are not safe with them! That is what makes me mad! Then after safety comes know it alls and mall ninja types who wear military gear and have never served! Bt want to act like they have been their and done that!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 02-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #4

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

That there's not enough of them...

The range ninjas, the jagoffs that shoot either unannounced, while another is shooting, or just have general disregard for range rules. (I shoot at a private range, we have different...better... rules than a public one) Needless to say very few ever get invited over anymore

Open carry "advocates".

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 02-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The jerks that used to be your hunting buddy until you took him to one of your honey holes, and next time you went there he was there with all his dickhead friends.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #6

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

People who leave their trash all-over at the out-door-open-ranges where no-ones there to pick-up after them but you....and the wind is blowing trash-everywhere...geeze...pick-up after yourselfs people..........

Old 02-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2084 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 753

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

The range ninjas, the jagoffs that shoot either unannounced, while another is shooting, or just have general disregard for range rules. (I shoot at a private range, we have different...better... rules than a public one) Needless to say very few ever get invited over anymore
I call them the yahoos, and they are definitely my biggest pet peeve. Guys who sling the barrels of their guns around like the end of a garden hose. Folks who think since they showed up at the range with more guns than you did that they now own the place. The only smart thing to do when they show up is leave.

Further down the annoyance factor are the experts who have read two or three lines about every gun ever made, probably on Wikipedia, might have shot a .22 or a 9mm, and are the authority.

And finally gangstas and wannabes with the sideways 9's and Saturday night specials. Don't know if you can call them "owners", but they should be taken out behind the courthouse, given time to make amends with their creator, then dispatched post haste.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
Dillinger Likes This 
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2719 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 267

The newby fanboys.
"My first gun is a _____________. Therefore it the best gun ever made, and nothing you say will change that."

The scary older fellow who thinks that the RO is being a jerk when the RO asks him to quit sweeping everyone with his pistol.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #9

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Don't hold back Scott, tell us how ya really feel!!!

Ya, I forgot about the "sweepers".

We have an instant dismissal rule for the "gangsta" type shooters...although we use different wording...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 02-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I usually move quietly amongst people on the range, streets, and marketplaces. Don't know many with ccw guns, and for those few I do know, I nod, but then move on.