What are you listening to? - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What are you listening to?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 05:35 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

a song from Quigly Down Under.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 04-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #122

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Ya'll come down 2 lawizzianana and we gonna fry up some gator and frog leggs. may be we gonna have some jambolaya Gumbo. Hell we goin to shuck a few sacks of dem Oysters, to be ett raw. on da half shell. like dat armondillo. Believe you me when it comes to cookin swamp style you won't go hungary. Mey you never go houngry in the swamps of La. Wills in da Swamp in La, One Shot One Kill........P S See all yu In the Next round of Life Come What May.
OK That sounded like someone with no teeth hopped up on crank. Do you understand that we are talking about listening to MUSIC not the ramblings of a delusional mind. Or do you just go around the board posting random **** in every thread you can find because 99% of your posts have nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Like your shooting ducks armed with Marlin comments and i's can see me sum boolits cause i got's me some second site.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #123

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Dedicated to the aforementioned.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #124

Liked 134 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Is that completely non-fiction or "based on events"......cause it sounds really good.
yep, complete non fiction(the way i like em)...

From amazon:
Quote:
Readers of Black Hawk Down know Mark Bowden can tell an exciting story about as well as any writer at work today. Killing Pablo is further proof. It describes the rise and fall of Pablo Escobar, a notorious Colombian drug lord who became one of the narcotic trade's first billionaires. Pablo--Bowden refers to him by his first name throughout the book--started out as a petty thief and wound up running a massive smuggling empire. At his height in the 1980s, he owned fleets of boats and planes, plus 19 separate residences in Medellin, each with its own helipad. Violence marked everything he did: "He wasn't an entrepreneur, and he wasn't even an especially talented businessman. He was just ruthless." He bought off police, politicians, and judges throughout his country, and killed many others who wouldn't cooperate. The Colombian government tried to capture him, but without much luck; he evaded them time after time. "Now and then the police achieved enough surprise to catch him, literally, with his pants down. In [1988], about one thousand national police raided one of his mansions," writes Bowden. "Pablo fled in his underwear, avoiding the police cordon on foot." He got away, again, but his days were numbered. He was making powerful enemies in both Colombia and the United States. The final straw probably came when Pablo's men murdered a popular politician and, three months later, planted a bomb on a plane, killing 110 people, including two Americans.
The bulk of Killing Pablo describes what happened when the U.S. government put its resources behind the hunt for Pablo. Bowden describes the search in gripping detail, from the massive electronic-surveillance effort to bureaucratic infighting between rival U.S. agencies. This is an outstanding work of reportorial journalism, too: in the epilogue, Bowden drops tantalizing hints that it was an American--not a Colombian--who delivered the killing shot to Pablo in 1993. Readers looking for a real-life thriller--or any kind of thriller, for that matter--won't do much better than Killing Pablo.

From Publishers Weekly
The author of the bestseller Black Hawk Down, which depicted the U.S. military's involvement in Somalia, Bowden hits another home run with his chronicle of the manhunt for Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar. He traces the prevalence of violence in Colombian history as background, then launches into the tale of the dramatic rise and fall of "Don Pablo," as he was known. Packed with detail, the book shows how Escobar, a pudgy, uneducated man who smoked marijuana daily, ruthlessly built the infamous Medellin cartel, a drug machine that eventually controlled much of Colombian life. As Bowden shows, the impotence of the Colombian government left a void readily filled by Escobar's mafia. While not ignoring the larger picture e.g., the terrible drug-related murders that wracked the South American country in the late 1980s and early 1990s Bowden never loses sight of the human story behind the search for Escobar, who was finally assassinated in 1993, and the terrible toll the hunt took on many of its main players.. There's a smoking gun here: Bowden charges that U.S. special forces were likely involved in helping some of Colombia's other drug lords assassinate perhaps more than a hundred people linked to Escobar. There's no doubt, according to Bowden, that the U.S. government was involved in the search for Escobar after a 1989 airplane bombing that killed 100 and made him, in Bowden's words, "Public Enemy Number One in the world." This revelation highlights one of Bowden's many journalistic accomplishments here: he shows how the search for Escobar became an end in itself. (May 8)Forecast: Bowden will go on a monster tour (about two dozen cities) to promote this BOMC selection, which also has its own Web site (philly.com: Philadelphia local news, sports, jobs, cars, homes). Expect healthy sales.
hard for me now not to recommend a mark bowden book...

Old 04-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #125

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Pearl Jam - Black (acoustic version)

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 04-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #126

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yo Gabba Gabba. I'm taking notes for the next FTF M-N-G. "Don't bite your friends". Got it!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #127
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #128
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Yo Gabba Gabba. I'm taking notes for the next FTF M-N-G. "Don't bite your friends". Got it!
You were watching today as well? LOL. I thought was great then giant red one bites the one that looks like an onion and MGMT comes on.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:04 AM   #129

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Cat Stevens - Father and Son

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 04-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #130

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Tango...your a badass mutha trukka! You kick ass! Listening to Mudvayne.