what is wrong with kids today? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > what is wrong with kids today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellx1 View Post
although i'm only 17, i can look around at my peers and tell that they aren't really held responsible for their actions. many of my friends parents do way to many things for them. i've known teens who've never had to prepare a meal for themselves, wash laundry, change a flat tire, or do any sort of farm labor, let alone hold a firearm.
my parents dont give me or my brothers handouts. we work hard, then get to go have fun. my dad says hes not raising children, hes raising adults.
bellx1; Excellent viewpoint from the younger generation! Our young people do look for good examples to follow and there are a few. But that is the problem they are very few.

npbwbass

Just because you don't believe in something is not going to stop it from happening.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The problem is parents work ,both parents , when the kids need a parent no one is there. Is the extra money worth it to us? I think not.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 04-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2844 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbwbass View Post
In reference to my previous post about stupid people breeding and in reading these posts I find those who love and correct their children are the smart ones. A lot of good parents are on this forum!

The Bible says in Proverbs to "beat your child with a rod and save his soul from hell" a very interesting saying from Solomon the wisest man who ever was. If you love your children you will correct them emotionally and physically.

But we do have the stupid ones who have children and let them run loose or follow some stupid liberal Phd training to raise their children incorrectly.

What the hell is a matter with them? Didn't they ever notice you do not have to teach a child to be mean, selfish, cruel, lazy, and irresponsible. But you do have to teach them how to be caring, giving, polite, responsible, and hard working. Without loving discipline you will raise monsters to be unleashed on society.

I had three children and I am proud of all of them to have survive the crap taught in schools by listening to their dad teaching them from God's parenting book.

I'll get off my soap box now.
I respectfully disagree with this translation of the bible pasage. One interpretation is "spare the rod, spoil the child". The "rod" is also referred to in Psalms with the "staff" as comforting. The rod was a shepherds tool that was used not to beat the sheep but to gently nudge them in a particular direction and to fend off wolves. Yes the rod was used to whack, but not the sheep.

Children are little people. People need boundries. This has been recognized for centuries. The Ten Commandments, The Hamurabi Code, etc. These were all inteded to give people boundries. The real problem is (IMHO) the children are not told "NO". When children are never told no, they will ALWAYS strive to find the boundry (Where is NO?). They must understand where the boundries are so they feel secure with in those boundries.

"Spare the rod" does NOT mean to beat them with the rod. It means to gently prod them in the right direction.

I do believe in corporal punishment. My kids have been spanked, on many different occasions. The hand is the preferred spanking implement. If you must resort to tools to do the spanking, the spanking can become a beating. A beating is likely unlawful. A spanking is perfectly legal (in Texas). Texas law specifically allows for spankings as long as they are delivered in the interest of the child's welfare.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #24

I love it when people want to talk about the Bible. Thank you for your response! Here is my reference; Proverbs>chap 23: 13; Withhold not correction from the child: for if you beat him with the rod, he shall not die. 14; You shall beat him with the rod, and shall deliver his soul from hell.

If you like I can message you the other 36 translations including the Hebrew. they all agree with the AKJV.

I once thought the only scripture referencing the rod was just as you mentioned. But A Jewish Rabbi whose family has raised sheep for many generations brought this scripture out in a sermon.

Did you know that in those times they broke the leg of a rebellious sheep if they went astray too often? They then learn to depend on the Shepperd for their life and went astray no more. Another interesting reference to the rod is the Bible in its teaching of the thousand year reign of Christ on this earth mentions ruling with a rod of iron.

History shows that we did not do so well on our own for the first six thousand years. I believe He will correct that.

npbwbass

Just because you don't believe in something is not going to stop it from happening.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:54 AM   #25

Whats wrong with People "not just the children" is a culmination of things as simple as old sayings like "The chickens have come home to roost" or "what goes around comes around" and as my Mom use to say "hooray for me and to Hell with you" .

Look at what we started with an absolute right of freedom of speech where the news media is concerned combined with their drive for sensationalism in the 60's .

For the first time in history during war time you had a Nation divided and it allowed often violent and traitorous protests against our servicemen up to and including assaulting them when they returned home .

Then we had the violent riots with our so called Politicians who control law enforcement "Understanding the participants anger" and sitting back instead of putting an end to it .

Then of course we had the wonderful lesson of how the rich and privileged can get away literally with murder brought to us by Ted "The drunken scumbag letch" Kennedy , and not only can one get away with such a horrible act but can go on to live a life of privilege and public power .

You want kids to follow rules ?

What rules ? There isn't a single rule you can't break and go merrily dancing away from if you have enough money .

After all it's all nothing but a money game these days .

Police are more worried about catching a business man driving who had 1 too many cocktails than cold blooded killer . Why ?

Because they can milk that business man for thousands of dollars in fines paying theirs , some judges , not to mention city councilpersons salaries and an attorney to boot . With that killer all he does is cost them time and money away from the streets looking for speeders and hoping that their car insurance is expired so they can whack em with a $1,000 fine just for that .

Get mad and decide to go destroy someones car , O well that's why they have full coverage , bust out the windows of their home or burn it down because the police roughed up your buddy O well thats why they should have homeowners insurance .

When they are worried about real crime it's because they are in line for Federal tax dollars or to get laws like the forfeiture ones passed that are so often abused by drug units .

Adults have no self respect or morality these days much less their children ,
Don't want to stay in a marriage ? Get a divorce and hey kill your kids to boot by drowning them in a lake ? Baby crys too much ? Well now just beat it's brains in . Don't want to deal with the pregnancy after whoring around for months or years ? Hey just drop the kid off in the nearest trash can .

And on and on it goes .

Hey we have even had Presidents "Nixon and Clinton" who stood in front of the Cameras and told us all a boldface lies and no one cares .

Why should they think they need to own up and take responsibility "Or even why should there be any responsibility" for their actions no one else does .

Old 05-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #26

A good start is to look here. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4280

Times are not the same. I believe, in each of our own ways, we are responsible.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #27

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I think the reason kids are stupid today is because it's all of the sudden wrong to spank them. Don't get me wrong, i'm not for child abuse, but when I was little and I did something really bad, I got my a#$ kicked. I turned out fine, got a good job, got goals in life, i'm respectful to other people. I think some kids just need it from time to time.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #28

The thing is that in America it is not against the law to spank kids. When I worked as a road patrol officer, sometimes I would have to accompany DFS agent on their investigations. Sometimes DFS was needed, but DFS seems to have a way of investigating all the people they shouldn't and not investigating all of the people they should. I would meet obviously good parents that would be scared to death to admit that they spanked their kids. Then their was me in uniform tell them, "Hey, I spank my kids." This would relax them somewhat but not much with DFS around. You always hear about the one or two stories where some dad went to jail for spanking his kids, but in my experience their is always more to those stories then what we hear.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlink View Post
I think kids today are brought up with no commen sense and everything they think is ok. After all, you don't want to hurt there feelings. Look at the schools, very PC and no whack with the big wood paddle from the School VP. I remember those days. If you got one you did not screw up again. Nobody wanted to go to the VP. Now days the kids can sue the school over anything if the child felt he was wronged or told what to do. No right or wrong. Too bad. Bring the Morals back.
Hard to do that what with something like 40% born out of wedlock and 50% of the ones bothering to get married ending up divorced. Blended families?!? hell, they're fractured families.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #30

It's all in the way there raised by their parents they are afraid to discipline them when they do something wrong the so called dumb a** politically correct crowd

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT