what is wrong with kids today? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > what is wrong with kids today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 03:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

while i agree its the parents and parenting, i certainly don't think that has anything to do with FDR. every once in awhile i see a parent disciplining their child in public for inappropriate behavior.....and i make a point of thanking them.

movie zombie

Old 04-24-2008, 04:21 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think the whole problem could be corrected if parents were allowed to whoop a little ass when it was appropriate. I don't know a person on this planet that didn't benefit from a good, old fashion ass whoopin once in a while! I know I did!
Bottom line is, parents don't want to raise their children anymore, they want the schools/government to do it. Since the government can't do it, there are no morals being taught and kids are growing up with no idea of right and wrong.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 04-24-2008, 05:27 AM   #13
GDS

There's nothing wrong with " kids " today. Kids are baby goats.

I think you were refering to children. As has already been stated many times the supposed higher being in that childs life has failed in some capacity.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:32 AM   #14

I chalk the problems of my generation and the further downward spiral of the next to a lack of responsibility. We don't want to be responsible for our actions and we certainly don't want to be responsible for our children's either. It is much easier to blame someone else and give "timeouts" than having some actual discipline. Instead of looking at movies, video games, and music as the source of problems, look at them as symptoms of a failing society and start changing what is really at fault; a whole culture of irresponsible, undisciplined "children" teaching bad values to the next generation. That, in return, will pass on a little more extreme version of their social delinquency. I feel that this is why every time I drive down the street I am confronted with these little pukes thumping their stereos to show how misunderstood they are and how they have little to no respect for anything including themselves. So I say use the "belt" and save ourselves from having to wade through a metaphorical cesspool of "I wanna be bad like 50 Cent" miscreants.

Sorry, I let myself rant.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

/\ well said, +1 (again!)

Old 04-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #16

Default Its funny about the logic of todays parenting teachers

In reference to my previous post about stupid people breeding and in reading these posts I find those who love and correct their children are the smart ones. A lot of good parents are on this forum!

The Bible says in Proverbs to "beat your child with a rod and save his soul from hell" a very interesting saying from Solomon the wisest man who ever was. If you love your children you will correct them emotionally and physically.

But we do have the stupid ones who have children and let them run loose or follow some stupid liberal Phd training to raise their children incorrectly.

What the hell is a matter with them? Didn't they ever notice you do not have to teach a child to be mean, selfish, cruel, lazy, and irresponsible. But you do have to teach them how to be caring, giving, polite, responsible, and hard working. Without loving discipline you will raise monsters to be unleashed on society.

I had three children and I am proud of all of them to have survive the crap taught in schools by listening to their dad teaching them from God's parenting book.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Just because you don't believe in something is not going to stop it from happening.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #17

This is why my wife and I have decided to homeschool. I refuse to let the government raise my children. The argument that homeschooling doesn't let children develop social skills doesn't hold water with me.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbwbass View Post
Maybe, stupid people should not breed..
Agreed, Most are Lazy and Spoiled and Most take after there Parents.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #19

although i'm only 17, i can look around at my peers and tell that they aren't really held responsible for their actions. many of my friends parents do way too many things for them. i've known teens who've never had to prepare a meal for themselves, wash laundry, change a flat tire, or do any sort of farm labor, let alone hold a firearm.
my parents dont give me or my brothers handouts. we work hard, then get to go have fun. my dad says hes not raising children, hes raising adults.

Last edited by bellx1; 04-30-2008 at 05:05 PM.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:24 AM   #20

If this topic is about kids and violence, then I highly recommend the book "On Killing". I met the author a few months ago and attended his "bullet proof mind" class.

This book talks about a lot of things from, training yourself to pull the trigger when the time comes, PTSD and several other relevant topics. But it also talks about why kids are more violent then they were in past generations. Basically referring to violent TV and video games that are training kids to be more violent. I am not going to try and make the case for this logic in this post, because a large portion of the book is dedicated to making this point. I don't think that I could do it justice in a couple of paragraphs. But I do recommend the book for many reasons, including the topic of kids and violence.