What Would You Want Said At Your Funeral? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What Would You Want Said At Your Funeral?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 374 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Thomas died a loving father,husband and friend. Love the out doors, was an eagle scout 1996 and could not ever been considered a democrat.

Thomas

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

Old 05-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11496

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
I've been pretty much alone my entire life. As a Marine brat, I was never in one place long enough to forge any real lifelong friendships. I'm an only child so being alone has been my way of life. My relatives are scattered all over the U.S. and I never had any "real" contact with any of them. I have no problems being alone. I'm alone, not lonely. I don't really go out and socialize. Never been into that sort of thing. If given a choice of going out and raising Hell or staying home, I'll choose the latter. As I've gotten older, I've found that the quiet life is more acceptable than being a "party boy."
Fair enough, and I do understand. My wife is that way while I am the opposite (more social). What I still don't understand is the cryogenics thing. Why would one want to be frozen after death? It just seems to be a way to take people's money to me.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 796 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 458

I read somewhere that the best way to discover your inner worth is to try to write your own obituary. I tried once….Couldn't get past the first sentence.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #34

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Fair enough, and I do understand. My wife is that way while I am the opposite (more social). What I still don't understand is the cryogenics thing. Why would one want to be frozen after death? It just seems to be a way to take people's money to me.
Take whose money? I pay for the procedure and "upkeep" through a life insurance policy. I pay the premiums (and it's paid in full) and no one else. Unless the insurance company goes belly-up, no one else is involved in the financial end of keeping my old a$$ frozen.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:44 AM   #35
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11496

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
Take whose money? I pay for the procedure and "upkeep" through a life insurance policy. I pay the premiums (and it's paid in full) and no one else. Unless the insurance company goes belly-up, no one else is involved in the financial end of keeping my old a$$ frozen.
OK, but it is like buying property on Mars, isn't it? By the time we get there will it really be worth it?

I mean by the time they are able to cure whatever killed you, do you really want to be alive in that old worn out body you died in? I am thinking that eternal life would get really old after awhile.