Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What would you have done?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

500 pound motorcycle as a weapon?

Just theoretically, let's say a group of firearms enthusiasts got together for a walk down the middle of a crowded highway. Let's say they were fully tacced-out with tactical vests filled with loaded mags, bullet-resistant face plates, body armor, holstered pistols, and tacticool rifles. Let's say that during their "walk" down the middle of the crowded highway some of the walkers decided to wave their tacticool rifles and handguns around so that anyone interested could gaze in wonder at their firearms and firearm accessories (strictly for educational purposes). Maybe our walkers decide to chant or "display" aggressively at each other or passers-by; maybe some of the guys with single-action pistols decide to quick-draw and twirl to amuse the onlookers.

Under those regrettable circumstances, would you find fault in a driver who broke ranks and hauled ass away, even through the walkers? I don't know if I could fault the driver, especially if they were not familiar with firearms, firearms marches, cowboy-style pistol twirling, or the strictly-for-looks aggressive displays and chants demonstrated by the walkers. I would be calling the walkers DUMBASSES.

What is the difference ballistically between a .45acp from a 5" barrel and a 500 pound motorcycle moving at 75 mph?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 10-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #32

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

This was on our local news last night. The driver was not charged at that time. And I dont personally think he should be. There isnt much anyone could do but keep driving and try to avoid any issues.

Seems to me that sometimes "numbers" of like just seem to drift into trouble. They may not start out looking for it, but like this video there were many bikers and 1 vehicle. The guy who was in front of the vehicle seem to be looking to make trouble and got dumped on his a$$. His own fault.

Im just wondering what the guy with the helmet cam is thinking now capturing all his riding buddies participating in this action.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 10-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2554 Times on 1280 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
You have to show reasonable cause ...... a lawyer could argue that just because he smashed your window in doesn't mean you had the right to kill him ....... you all know its a fact. You really have to think twice
Depends on where you've stopped. In Utah, pulling that sort of crap means you're now eligible to become ballistic test media. It's the same as if they just kicked the front door of your house.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 10-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 874 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 1145

Quote:
You have to show reasonable cause ...... a lawyer could argue that just because he smashed your window in doesn't mean you had the right to kill him ....... you all know its a fact. You really have to think twice
Not when my child/ren and wife are involved; their safety becomes more important than mine. Dude comes breaking my vehicle window with evil intent, while we are inside it! Dude's going to get a 230gr. copper and lead facial treatment.

Mr. Lawyer can argue all he wants. I've already made the correct decision as the provider and protector of my family. And if a jury decides to send me to prison, so be it, I'll work out my issues there with shank and club if needed.

Become steel or get cut.
People Like This 
Old 10-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #35

Liked 746 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 402

The main thing the driver did wrong was not reverse and then gun it.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #36

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

I'm not arguing that any of you are wrong. I would rather go to jail protecting me and mine than do nothing but it is a sad country we live in. Everyone who thinks that their states self defense laws will protect their rights and not the aggressor are sorely mistaken. A lawyer can and will turn that situation around I promise you.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #37

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Sorry I dont buy this at all.

This would be like saying you have to wait to see if he is going to harm/kill you, your wife and children - then and only then can you take appropriate actions. By then its too late.

I too would rather take my chances with the opposing lawyer.

If he wants to stand outside my vehicle and yell at me, fine. As soon as he breaks the window, grabs a door handle he is fair game in my book.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
Steel_Talon Likes This 
Old 10-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #38

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Default What would I have done?

Pulled into the do it yourself pressure washer to rinse dead biker guts from the wheel wells...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 10-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #39

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
I'm not arguing that any of you are wrong. I would rather go to jail protecting me and mine than do nothing but it is a sad country we live in. Everyone who thinks that their states self defense laws will protect their rights and not the aggressor are sorely mistaken. A lawyer can and will turn that situation around I promise you.
Sorry, this is just not true...Many of the free states have excellent SD laws and many more are improving them every day. If that is the way it is in your state, you should work to help change them...

In the incident, there are several requirements met that would allow for use of deadly force...SEVERAL...just not in places like NY, CA, IL, NJ etc...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 10-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #40

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Gunplay not needed here, and maybe not warranted?

No way I'm getting off the freeway. An SUV swerving side-to-side brings to mind a lot of motorcycles skidding down the pavement. That'd be a lot easier to defend, IMO.

ps: A sudden application of the brakes could generate interesting images in the rear view mirror, too.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 10-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.
orangello Likes This