What would you have done? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What would you have done?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 03:18 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Two in the chest,
One in the head,
We'd like 'em alive,
But we'll take 'em dead.

Never point your gun at something you aren't willing to destroy. Warning shots are only for TV and movies.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Two in the chest,
One in the head,
We'd like 'em alive,
But we'll take 'em dead.

Never point your gun at something you aren't willing to destroy. Warning shots are only for TV and movies.

Warning shots are only for TV and movies and Clinton era military tactics.

There I fixed it for you.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #13

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Warning Shot?? It's a Personal Defense Weapon, NOT a Public Service Tool!!

"When your 'go criteria' are met, you MUST draw your concealed carry and if nothing else has changed, it’s not time to talk, it's time to defend yourself with your loud finger. If that reaction isn’t one smooth ‘muscle memory’, you’re dead! PLEASE NOTICE: I did not say if you draw you must shoot. That’s why I included the “CHANGE” caveat because if the BG turned and ran I would clear the area and then reholster."

"Use your head (your most powerful weapon) and only draw and fire your weapon to save you or someone’s life. This is the only righteous shooting. Anything else will find you in a cage or a box."

In this case, your 'go criteria' wasn't met, you did the correct thing, you dialed 911 rather than draw 1911! I just think your exit strategy was slow in its execution. (No skin in the game, get the f*** outa there!) Your #1 concern should be your wife's safety, then 911.

jousting-lance.jpg

I'm pretty sure you don't ride a white horse and carry a lance. You don't lead a mounted Cavalry so showing your taillights as you dial 911 is the pure act of courage and chivalry!

Not your game, not your claim! I tried to break up a fight one night on liberty and the two mooks turned on me! That would have been a grim night had I been alone! As it turned out, my three shipmates ragged me later as I enjoyed the medicinal application of draft beer on my fat lip! The waitress got pissed when we started to call “coreman up” to order the following rounds!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Had you never heard about the reputation of the New Orleans Police? I've never had a problem with them, and i was down there a couple weekends a month during college. They are famous/infamous for looking after their own interests before those interests they are employed to protect; that said, they aren't known for getting rough unless provoked.

If i really felt the need for a "warning shot", i'd want to throw some firecrackers or something to distract the beaters from dude & from my area. It sounds like you did the right thing to me.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

If it was Texas, I'd shake my head, hop out of my truck, issue a Tang Soo Do @$$whoopin, and throw the perps in the bed of my truck.

I'd celebrate at my favorite bar with Sheree J. Wilson and a bowl of chili.

If it was NOLA, I'd move to Texas.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #16
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Didn't someone on here go to Prison for firing a warning shot? Thought I remember that thread awhile back.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You really don't know the situation that is occurring. First is to call 911. whether they like it or not, that situation is their job. I agree with the group that warning shots are not the way to go. Call the cops. If you feel compelled to intervene, then yell out that you have called the cops. No reason to go wading in. Another thought is to take some pictures. I have found that suspicious folks really don't like cameras. I have had suspicious vehicles in my neighborhood that cleared out quick when I walk up and started taking pictures of their vehicle.