What would you do if - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What would you do if

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

..i look for it to happen soon..LOL

Old 03-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #12

If that day comes with no disaster for a reason on a country wide scale this country is screwed. It will never be the same again afterwards.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:47 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It won't happen without a major reason. How many LEO's do you think belong to this forum and don't admit it? Anyway, this came up in another site last year, and someone mentioned they had kept an old rusted out 38 just for that purpose. (How many here have NRA stickers on there windows, or 2nd amendment stickers on the bumpers of the cars. Makes you easy to spot, don't you think?)

Old 03-15-2008, 03:16 AM   #14

I live in Baltimore city so I would give'em up, then go down to the nearest street corner and buy alot of the same stuff again

Old 03-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #15
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenJohnson View Post
It won't happen without a major reason.
First, take a look at this link:
http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/miltarysurvey.htm

Note question #46. Note these statistics:
Quote:
...among service members with less than 10 years of service, 63% agree or strongly agree with question # 46: "I would fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the U.S. government."

Among new recruits almost 90% give the response: "If it's the law and they order me to do it I guess it's okay."

Of those with more than 15 years of service, 87% replied "disagree" or "strongly disagree." Responses by members of the Special Forces Underground were unprintable; basically, there will not be many officers who give that order more than once.
truthorfiction.com correctly says this was not an official DoD or Pentagon survey. But that doesn't matter. The survey was confirmed to have been administered and those answering the questions were unaware of the origin of the survey.

When you take that and consider what the local police and National Guard did in New Orleans, it should be apparent that things would get very interesting very quickly if they tried a confiscation on a large scale.

Did you people read about the joint U.S./Canada "Civil Assistance Plan"?
Quote:
In a ceremony that received virtually no attention in the American media, the United States and Canada signed a military agreement Feb. 14 allowing the armed forces from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a domestic civil emergency, even one that does not involve a cross-border crisis.

The agreement, defined as a Civil Assistance Plan, was not submitted to Congress for approval, nor did Congress pass any law or treaty specifically authorizing this military agreement to combine the operations of the armed forces of the United States and Canada in the event of a wide range of domestic civil disturbances ranging from violent storms, to health epidemics, to civil riots or terrorist attacks.
Domestic civil disturbances? Hmmm....

Glen, the "reason" the government might give to LEOs, the Guard and possibly the armed forces is unimportant relative to the apparent willingness on the part of the folks in these organizations to disregard the constitution and lesser law.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If martial law is imposed will a warrant be necessary?

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 03-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #17

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Isn't it reasonable logic to think they would have a warrant?
In a word, "No." A warrant has to be based on probable cause that the officers will be able to find evidence of a crime. In order to get a warrant, officers have to write an affidavit to the court, explaining IN DETAIL what the crime is, and why the officer believes there is evidence of that specific crime in the location to be searched. As long as firearm possession is legal, there is no crime in simple possession, unless of course you live in Washington DC, New York City, or are a convicted felon, under indictment or convicted of domestic violence. I know about warrants, because I'm the guy who had to write the affidavits.

Now, having said all of that, that assumes the cops are playing by the rules and don't have a corrupt judge who is willing to issue a bad warrant.

Often times officers will conduct what is known as a "knock & talk," where they try to bully people into letting us in to search. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The original idea for those was to pressure known drug dealers out of the neighborhood in those cases where you know what they are doing but can't prove it. Over time the practice has been used to push a political, anti-gun agenda by the local "big thinkers."

My reply would be, "Go away and leave me alone until you get a warrant."
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 03-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #18

Sorry to go off topic. What does LEO mean?

Old 03-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #19

LEO means Law Enforcement Officer. One issue I can see if there is a mass round-up is the people with CCW Permits. Guess whos door will be knocked on first. It's a good thing I carry a rusty old 38 with round nose bullets.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #20

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3483 Times on 1611 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman View Post
"Certainly Officer, the only firearm I have is this old shotgun"
"Would you hold on a second while I contact my legally entitled legal counsel? I would like to have him review this document for authenticity prior to compliance..."

Baring that, I am going with Scoutman ^:

Exactly. Here are a couple of relics that were handed down by my grandfather and a pistol that I bought about 20 years ago. Would you mind if I took pictures of them prior to you taking them? Can I get a receipt? Would you sign here please?"