What would you do if
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What would you do if

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default What would you do if

The government (or local law enforcement) comes to your home and ask for all your firearms?
Think about this one for awhile before you answer, Don't say anything you may not carry out.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

How I'd react would depend on the situation. Some clown without a warrant will get a "What firearms, officer? You want to come in to look around? May I see a warrant? Well, you go get a warrant and come on back." sort of response. If they force their way in, they keep what they can find.

Immediately after (or during, if possible) such an encounter, I would be on the phone to friends and family warning them what's going on.

If possible, DO NOT keep all of your firearms and ammo in your home. Stash something away for a rainy day.

The follow-up question I have is this: What would you do after this particular bravo sierra went down?

Old 03-13-2008, 11:42 PM   #3

I'm gonna have to go with bkt on this one. If they don't have a warrant they aren't coming in, but if they do then they will take whatever they can find ( )and I won't stop them.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:58 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm with you on this. If they find 'em, they can have 'em. If.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Isn't it reasonable logic to think they would have a warrant?

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 03-14-2008, 01:41 AM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Isn't it reasonable logic to think they would have a warrant?
During the largest illegal firearms confiscation in the history of the United States in the aftermath of Katrina in New Orleans they didn't have warrants and they didn't write out receipts to gun owners.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

well if they got all the correct paperwork they may take them and as soon as they leave I will head to the black market to start buying everything and anything i can find that will shoot and all the ammo i can and start stocking up

Old 03-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

"I had someone break in last night while I was at work and steal them."

Old 03-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #9

"Certainly Officer, the only firearm I have is this old shotgun"

"The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us“ ...... Patrick Henry March 23, 1775

Old 03-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
"I had someone break in last night while I was at work and steal them."
someone broke in my hoause last night and replaced everything with Identical stuff