What would you do? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What would you do?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 12:30 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cblowe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 583
Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
Block his car with yours.
This car is not worth getting hit cost to much

image-2497214158.jpg
__________________
cblowe13 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:37 AM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,307
Liked 8583 Times on 4957 Posts
Likes Given: 11147

Default

I can't believe you arranged a transfer at a gas station at midnight. WTF were you thinking? I would have backed out of the deal for that reason alone.

Yeah, definitely run the numbers at the cop shop with the other guy present. If he refuses run the numbers before swapping back without him there. Tell the cops what went down before you run the numbers and if they come up stolen then they can sting the muthereffer. Our passion gets enough of a bad rep without dudes like him making things worse.

__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:06 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cblowe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 583
Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I can't believe you arranged a transfer at a gas station at midnight. WTF were you thinking? I would have backed out of the deal for that reason alone.

Yeah, definitely run the numbers at the cop shop with the other guy present. If he refuses run the numbers before swapping back without him there. Tell the cops what went down before you run the numbers and if they come up stolen then they can sting the muthereffer. Our passion gets enough of a bad rep without dudes like him making things worse.
Yeah I know. It's because I work third I literally don't have any other time to. I also work another job during the day then sleep. You say what about days off? My day off is Sunday morning, i go to church.
__________________
cblowe13 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cblowe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 583
Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Okay so here's my new situation. I don't want to here I'm an idiot blah blah blah. He was suppose to meet me with money last night I thought but he couldn't "because of work". He did try to meet me early that day but I was asleep. He played it off as hey I tried to meet you. Me being to much of a thoughtful person sometimes have him a chance and didnt go to the cops. I told him if I didn't have the money by tomorrow I was going to go and he actually didnt seem to frightened by it but said he would meet. I know I should have probably went straight there that morning like the sheriff said. I didn't so now my question is will it be to late if we don't meet tomorrow to go to the cops? If it is I do know where he works, its just like an hour from me.

__________________
cblowe13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #35
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TekGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 1,880
Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Default

If the only part of this deal that is left is to pay you $200, why not offer him PayPal, Western Union or making a direct deposit to your account at a branch in his city? In this day and age, there are plenty of ways to transfer money and no excuse like work or driving to avoid it.

As a former swing and graveyard employee, I have often accommodated people in an FTF transaction. I used to take a friend or two, but you seem to have it covered with video. There's no reason to avoid them, just learn from this one. . Also, I find asking for pics of the serial numbers before we meet a good way to separate the slightly sleazy and criminals from the honest person. Just acting like you're going to run them causes the dishonest to run!

Also, you're still okay to go to the police because, up until this point, you believe he was negotiating in good faith. It's not until you have proof he is not acting in good faith that a crime has been committed. It sounds better to police, judge and jury if you say you gave him five or six chances to pay it before you took legal action.

__________________

.
.
“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)


Last edited by TekGreg; 07-31-2013 at 10:00 AM.
TekGreg is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cblowe13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 583
Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg
If the only part of this deal that is left is to pay you $200, why not offer him PayPal, Western Union or making a direct deposit to your account at a branch in his city? In this day and age, there are plenty of ways to transfer money and no excuse like work or driving to avoid it.

As a former swing and graveyard employee, I have often accommodated people in an FTF transaction. I used to take a friend or two, but you seem to have it covered with video. There's no reason to avoid them, just learn from this one. . Also, I find asking for pics of the serial numbers before we meet a good way to separate the slightly sleazy and criminals from the honest person. Just acting like you're going to run them causes the dishonest to run!

Also, you're still okay to go to the police because, up until this point, you believe he was negotiating in good faith. It's not until you have proof he is not acting in good faith that a crime has been committed. It sounds better to police, judge and jury if you say you gave him five or six chances to pay it before you took legal action.
Tekgreg it took you long enough to chime in my friend. Yeah it erks me to see this happen. Thanks for your thoughts. I hope they think the same thing at court because it looks like i will be going. I just don't want to have to fool with paying a lawyer and all that jazz.
__________________
cblowe13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 3,436
Liked 1043 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 682

Default

I personally would have reported a stolen AR while still standing in the gas station parking lot the 1st time. Even in my small-ish town, the cops answer the phone 24/7.

__________________
clr8ter is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

what you need to do, is man up, nut up, get pissed, and handle your ****ing business and stop letting this cock suck walk all over you regarding this money. He received goods without paying the agreed upon price, that's called theft

You ain't a zit on a real man's ass if you don't stop ***** footin around this, and stand up and do something.

Stop acting like a scared little girl and go report a ****ing theft. Then beat the money's worth out of his thieving punk ass face if you get to him before the cops.

Damn dude. Grow a pair.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #39
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TekGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 1,880
Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
what you need to do, is man up, nut up, get pissed, and handle your ****ing business and stop letting this cock suck walk all over you regarding this money. He received goods without paying the agreed upon price, that's called theft

You ain't a zit on a real man's ass if you don't stop ***** footin around this, and stand up and do something.

Stop acting like a scared little girl and go report a ****ing theft. Then beat the money's worth out of his thieving punk ass face if you get to him before the cops.

Damn dude. Grow a pair.
Trip represents our Brass Ball Committee. I'm surprised you showed so much restraint, Trip!
__________________

.
.
“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

TekGreg is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:23 AM   #40
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TekGreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cincinnati,OH
Posts: 1,880
Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
Tekgreg it took you long enough to chime in my friend. Yeah it erks me to see this happen. Thanks for your thoughts. I hope they think the same thing at court because it looks like i will be going. I just don't want to have to fool with paying a lawyer and all that jazz.
Sorry, just saw it! You know I can't avoid commenting if I see it.

Do you have anything in your state such as Small Claims Court? No lawyers allowed in there, just the parties involved and judge. Otherwise, the cheapest way to consult a lawyer is a pre-paid plan like Hyatt Legal Plan or Pre-Paid Legal. Check all your options before making a move.
__________________

.
.
“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

TekGreg is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes