What would you do?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What would you do??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It sounds like a family that has problems with life's decisions. Both the parents and the siblings need professional guidance.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3163 Times on 1797 Posts
Likes Given: 18383

Zero tolerance on any kind of abuses..!

Warn.!

Call..!

Prosecute..!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7104 Times on 3887 Posts
Likes Given: 14344

That is domestic violence.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #14

Liked 687 Times on 377 Posts
Likes Given: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
A friend of mine is in a really bad predicament and wants some advise.

His little sister has serious issues.
She has been through a second divorce,she is a alcoholic that has lost her two sons because of abuse.

Well know she has been abusing their parents,she has punched their Mom several times who is 73 years old and tonight while their Dad was driving his daughter she tried to yank the steering wheel out of his hands trying to cause a wreck,she slapped him,hit him in the head with a full beer bottle,and twisted his arm behind his back bringing him to tears he's 72 years old?

My friend is lost and called me asking my advice,should he call elderly abuse hotline?? Hope it doesn't continue?? He wants his sister to get mental health evaluation,he doesn't want her to go to prison,which she is heading that way on probation for 6 DUIs child abuse and she doesn't even go to her probation appointments??
What would you do? And what would you advise this person to do about his alcoholic abusive little sister who is 45 years old? Physically abusing her parents?
She's getting away with it now... Why would (or in her mind should) it stop??
She doesn't go to probation appointments ???? Easy out then... Go down to the station/courthouse/Sheriff's department and report her and while there get a restraining order ASAP !! Let her know that until she gets straightened out and stays sober for at least 6 months IT WILL REMAIN IN PLACE !! Let her know the choice is simple... either get in rehab and/or incarceration or keep on going and die.... and there is NO SUCH thing as an old alcoholic/drug addict !! SOMEONE with some sense needs to take control and think about all parties concerned here..... and it quite obviously isn't her. At 45 years old it's time for her to grow up and be responsible !!
Good luck to everyone... and stay close to the old folks. They'll be her target of blame for everything happening.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #15

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

I would have no problem tuning my sister up a little bit if she was doing that .... and by tuning up I mean whooping her ass .... she deserves it just saying

Old 05-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #16

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

It was my sister I'd bust her drunken a$$ then call the law on her for the abuse. The only thing I dislike as must as child abuse is abuse of old people. My mother and me do not get along (long story). Been that way for many years but I wouldn't let something like that happen to her. I can't understand how anyone could want to harm an old person. Especially one that raised you.

You did the right thing OP. Make sure to see it though to the end.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Call the hotline and turn her in. It will not get better. It will only escalate.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

At 45 and still beating up on her elderly parents, I'd say it is chronic alcoholism, which requires serious intervention, however aggressively done, to put an end to that bullsh*t! If done then lives are saved; if not lives will undoubtedly be lost.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #19

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Zero tolerance on any kind of abuses..!

Warn.!

Call..!

Prosecute..!
I agree, but I would drop the warning. She has committed assault against a loved one. OP, your friend is bring a bit of a pansy by not even being able to make this decision on his own. That may be a bit harsh, but it's the truth.

I assume (at great risk of making an ASS of U and ME) he would call the police if it were someone he doesn't know assaulting his parents. So what makes it any different that it's his sister? Bull spit. He knows she has problems, and she has proven that she's a danger to others, he needs to man the **** up and handle his ****.

My family and I have a mutual understanding amongst us all. We would bend over backwards for each other, but only to a limit. If you're a danger, commit a crime, or need bail, you're on your own. That may be kinda raw for some people to think of family being that way towards each other, but you know what? We've all paid for our own mistakes, and we've stayed out of jail and serious legal trouble.

And yeah, for the record, my Mom turned me in for a little lapse of judgment I had when I was 17. This ain't just big talk, the walk has already been walked.

Tell him to grow a pair and protect his parents from a clear and present danger. Otherwise, he's just in the wrong, and this guy here can think of nothing at all good to say about him if he won't stand up for someone he loves who can't stand up for themselves.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #20

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
I've known his parents and sister since grade school,it kills me to see what has been going on and my friend is really struggling with this. He said his Dad would deny this to keep his daughter out of trouble,.....
That's par for the course for abuse. Abused women do that a lot. I have told the one or two I've known that they remind me of a friggin' moth and a candle - no matter what is done to shoo them away from it, they are driven to return to the flame.

No matter. You look after your side of the street and do what is right. None of us can change other people. IMO, every adult is entitled to all the pain they can stand. I just won't be a party to it or wallow in it. Since I began steering that course many years ago, I live better.

If somebody's asking me for help, I've driven some miles for that purpose and will do what I can. But I take no responsibility for the outcome. Sometimes, we put a hand out to someone who really does want to find some answers and is teachable; sometimes we put a hand out and s/he turns out to be a moth. Either way, it's what we do and don't do that matters. The way it turns out is up to the other person(s) and God.

Sorry to get a little preachy........but you did raise the topic.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 05-15-2013 at 01:40 PM.