What would you do??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > What would you do??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 04:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default What would you do??

A friend of mine is in a really bad predicament and wants some advise.

His little sister has serious issues.
She has been through a second divorce,she is a alcoholic that has lost her two sons because of abuse.

Well know she has been abusing their parents,she has punched their Mom several times who is 73 years old and tonight while their Dad was driving his daughter she tried to yank the steering wheel out of his hands trying to cause a wreck,she slapped him,hit him in the head with a full beer bottle,and twisted his arm behind his back bringing him to tears he's 72 years old?

My friend is lost and called me asking my advice,should he call elderly abuse hotline?? Hope it doesn't continue?? He wants his sister to get mental health evaluation,he doesn't want her to go to prison,which she is heading that way on probation for 6 DUIs child abuse and she doesn't even go to her probation appointments??

What would you do? And what would you advise this person to do about his alcoholic abusive little sister who is 45 years old? Physically abusing her parents?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 AM   #2

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Turn her in and get off the street and off drugs and alcohol. The abuse has to stop, someone could die with a bad hit or accident. You do that out of love, keep loving them and tell them that.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #3

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

She commits to getting help or she gets turned in -- sho owns this, not him. He's just the person saving his parents and maybe her life!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2334 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 842

I would be calling the police immediately. Then I would talk to your parents about having a restraining order issued asap.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #5
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Most states I believe you can petition someone to be held on a mental health hold for 24-hours if they are a danger to themselves or others. He'll need to fill out the petition with the LEO and attest to what she did. They will be taken to the ER and evaluated by the physician who can certify them and that can be a hold for 72-hours at the very least.

He should call the local PD non-emergency number to discuss it with them first. However, she's committed battery now, so I don't know what obligation the LEOs have to arrest her.

Since the parents are unable to defend themselves and either too scared or unwilling to call the police, he needs to take the bull by the horns and defend his parents by calling the PD, and at least getting them to get a restraining order against her.

Ultimately if she doesn't want to help herself, there's nothing he can do.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 05:05 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Turn her ass in and press charges. That is absolutely unacceptable.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #7

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Call the police.

Then call your "friend" and tell him to never again lay off on you his dirty jobs. That's why he called you; he wants you to do what he finds hard. Weenie.

I can't stand somebody who abuses or hits a senior. She's a puke. As for her sob story, here's the deal:

Q: What do you get when you help a horse thief to quite drinking?

A: A sober horse thief.

The puke needs to do a lot more than quit drinking, IMO. And your friend needs to grow a pair. That's the way I see it. No offence intended on you, friend.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #8

I really appreciate all the input and this is the same advice i've been sending to him.
I've known his parents and sister since grade school,it kills me to see what has been going on and my friend is really struggling with this. He said his Dad would deny this to keep his daughter out of trouble,even though his Dad called him while all of this was going on,his Dad was driving his daughter to a convention about 70 miles from where they live,because she can't drive.

I really appreciate your alls input and advice

Thank you

Old 05-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #9

I called elderly hotline abuse for him and sent them all the information about what has been going on.

Thanks again

Old 05-15-2013, 05:27 AM   #10
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

I'm gonna guess she's bipolar. Lithium is a wonder drug.

Just remind your friend his parents are going to wind up dead, as she obviously has no self-control. Despite what dad want's to do to protect her (God knows why - I'm sure he's of the 'I can fix her' mentality), I think a decent LEO is going to press how they got those bruises on their bodies. Maybe she'll blow up on the cops and get arrested. I'd hate to see her in jail though, as that just one more POS our tax dollars will be supporting, when she likely just needs to get on some meds and therapy, and things will be probably be better.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

MOshooter Likes This